Advice On An Economically Friendly 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RIAs are decent but generally don't handle higher round counts as well as more expensive platforms.

The first negative i have heard about the 1911, do any owners have anything to weigh in about this?

Being a .45 i will probably put about 100 down range through it a month so this probably wont be too much of a problem.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is not a negative of all 1911's, just the RIA 1911's. I don't have any input to add to that claim, just wanted to clear up what he was saying.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first negative i have heard about the 1911, do any owners have anything to weigh in about this?

Being a .45 i will probably put about 100 down range through it a month so this probably wont be too much of a problem.

If that's the first negative you've heard about the 1911 then you haven't done much research. :D To clarify, I was not knocking the platform, only saying that guns with cheaper small parts have a higher tendency to break, and yes I've seen an RIA break. However, if it's just a range toy meant for 100 rounds a month then I'd say it's perfect.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, the STI Spartan is a Rock Island with STI upgraded internals and sights.

I have a couple of Rock Islands and really like them. They're not as pretty as many of the other brands offerings, but they shoot good.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea of course i understood what you meant, i didnt phrase my sentence correctly "that" instead of "the" makes all the difference.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's the first negative you've heard about the 1911 then you haven't done much research. :D To clarify, I was not knocking the platform, only saying that guns with cheaper small parts have a higher tendency to break, and yes I've seen an RIA break. However, if it's just a range toy meant for 100 rounds a month then I'd say it's perfect.

You are correct I disliked 1911's up until about a week in a half ago, but i have slowly came around and now im hunting for my own.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone suggested a Norinco, what have you heard or do you guys know about that manufacturer?

Is $485, well add $30 for shipping and some FFl fees i guess, a good price for it ?

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Price is a bit high IMO, but they are getting harder to find. They are chinese knock offs of the 1911 but they use very good steel and don't have any mim small parts.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two RIA's one Indian Arms and now one Norinco in addition to the Kimber. Now, I have had problems with every 1911 I ever shot aside from the Kimber. Have not yet shot the Norinco though! When I say problems I mean FTRB or FTF or FTE for some reason or another. The Kimber has been the only one to have yet to jam on me. Could be dumb luck though I suppose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom