Aimpoint M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deth0168

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking the OP meant the entire Aimpoint was misaligned. Glad somebody got it figured out.

Exactly what it looked like. Lilysdad Im sorry but you are still pretty ignorant considering you didnt read a word of the post then call me a liar about moving the mount backwards. I was nice to the ppl who actually tried to help me and not tell me that I paid to much for this and that. I could have to the coward way out and not even got on here to say what the fix was but I didnt. I got on here and said what I did because Im not afraid or ashamed to make mistakes in life as long as I learn from them. Again thanks to the few who actually tried to help.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what it looked like. Lilysdad Im sorry but you are still pretty ignorant considering you didnt read a word of the post then call me a liar about moving the mount backwards. I was nice to the ppl who actually tried to help me and not tell me that I paid to much for this and that. I could have to the coward way out and not even got on here to say what the fix was but I didnt. I got on here and said what I did because Im not afraid or ashamed to make mistakes in life as long as I learn from them. Again thanks to the few who actually tried to help.

I don't see where lilysdad ever called you a liar. Anyway, both lilysdad and Josh-L probably know more about AR's/Optics than most others on this board and they use them in their daily job as well. You might want to respect their opinions a little more.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if hes not saying I didnt move it what is he saying?

He is saying that with your BUIS and magnifier that you show mounted in the picture you posted, there is no room to move the M2 mount back. I will have to assume he did not see where you posted that you removed those items and still had the issue. My point is that there was a lot of misunderstanding in this thread, but I think it unwise of you to blow off the opinions of a very knowledgeable person. SMS is very knowledgeable too and if you had blown off his advise you would not have figured out the problem. That is the only point I was trying to get across. Have a great day.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is saying that with your BUIS and magnifier that you show mounted in the picture you posted, there is no room to move the M2 mount back. I will have to assume he did not see where you posted that you removed those items and still had the issue. My point is that there was a lot of misunderstanding in this thread, but I think it unwise of you to blow off the opinions of a very knowledgeable person. SMS is very knowledgeable too and if you had blown off his advise you would not have figured out the problem. That is the only point I was trying to get across. Have a great day.

To expand on this, a little tact goes a long way. Instead of bowing up when you think someone is calling you a liar, maybe re-explaining.

deth0168

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

SMS actually read the thread and gave advice. Not just tell me its too far forward and I paid to much for a heavy mount. I have thanked SMS a few times now here on the forums and in a private message. He not once came off as arrogant or superior.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually from my reading liliysdad suggested you just zero it before SMS did. SMS just expanded that reply with the suggestion that you were doing it incorrectly. Either way who cares. You wrote off some very good advice because you couldn't articulate very well. Let's move on.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Off topic at this point since he fixed it but....no, the dot is not permanently centered on an Aimpoint, it is fully adjustable for windage and elevation.

Having zero experience with an aimpoint i had no idea the dot itself could move. I had figured it was like most modern scopes and was permanently centered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom