Aimsurplus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with remembering people that gouged. We had a Sponsor here that was involved as well, it's a shame cause they have had some good deals. Won't patronize them or CTD also!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called Capitalism people.

Prices rise and fall based on supply and demand. If demand spikes due to temporary conditions prices will too.

Prices reflect what people are willing to pay. Not all consumers to be sure. Sellers ideally price their inventory so that they get the maximum price and are still able to sell all they have but no more.

Simple economics and the essence of capitalism.

Y'all that call what Spike's did gouging are simply responding as rational consumers are expected to respond; voting with your dollars. But your votes didn't have enough impact to change Spike's pricing and their behavior is right in line with normal supplier behavior.

What they did wasn't gouging. They have neither a legal nor moral responsibility to anyone but themselves and that duty is to continue in business and generate a profit.

Again - it's called capitalism.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they did was gouging. A lot of people bent over and took it. The market eventually had enough and here we are back with cheaper lowers.

Again, it's called capitalism. Screw them then, screw them now. Capitalism at work.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they did wasn't gouging. They have neither a legal nor moral responsibility to anyone but themselves and that duty is to continue in business and generate a profit.

Again - it's called capitalism.

+1. When you think about it, the high prices are caused by the people willing to pay them. If no one was willing, the prices would....and did eventually....drop.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a few Spike's lowers. They are ok, some better then others. I will say that Aim has given me great service, everytime I have used them.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but putting restrictions on quantity actually would help control prices, keeping them lower. So it's quite the opposite of price gouging.

The treatment of the dealers is a third issue and would be the douchiest move of them all.

Hoorayebay

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow, only a select few on this forum could turn a good post into a bad one. Forget I mentioned anything. Go buy yourself a Bushmaster or DPMS lower. Lord knows they had no part in any money making capatilist schemes. Gentlemen... Have a good evening, take a chill pill, enjoy some christmas music and some spiked egg nog.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, only a select few on this forum could turn a good post into a bad one. Forget I mentioned anything. Go buy yourself a Bushmaster or DPMS lower. Lord knows they had no part in any money making capatilist schemes. Gentlemen... Have a good evening, take a chill pill, enjoy some christmas music and some spiked egg nog.

Here, here, except Christmas and Capitalist should be capitalized not by Capitalists though.

* I may know/have known a person/persons with said brand of lower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom