Alec Baldwin Charged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A legal question, not a "safe firearm handling" question:

Is there a legal requirement that Baldwin should have checked to insure no live rounds? That seems like it would be part of his defense plan.
Possibly something under due diligence? You have a due diligence to make sure something is safe that could harm another person, otherwise it's negligence?

Edit: Do we have any lawyer members?

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Involuntary manslaughter doesn't carry a death penalty. In this case I agree it should. I think Alec intended to kill her. Premeditated....
I would propose instant death penalty for people who fail to signal for turns when driving lol. There is no bar too low for the rope.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A legal question, not a "safe firearm handling" question:

Is there a legal requirement that Baldwin should have checked to insure no live rounds? That seems like it would be part of his defense plan.
These guns in film making are supposed to be equipped with a barrel plug at the breach.
Not his fault but fault come in when he asked for the gun that they had previously been firing at targets and the scene they were to rehears had no guns in the script.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He'll pay a fine...donation to anti-gun group...BLM payoff too, they got hands out on everything ....

Then ....

He'll attend a gun safety class ...by some celeb has been ...."Dog the felon "...and everything will be good...

He'll remind us....Trump bad....and you might be a racist .

Hollywood....get some.

Lowlife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Preaching to the choir here but this is my response on another forum.

EVERYONE should know and follow gun safety rules. PERIOD! Whether you are a "gun person" or not you should know and follow the safety rules. Gun safety should start at home at a young age and continue into elementary school. If you haven't or don't teach your children gun safety you are part of the problem.

If these rules were followed this wouldn't be an issue.

The 4 universal rules of gun safety are:

1. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

I get it was a movie set however if you know and follow the rules religiously you have the awareness to make sure this incident doesn't happen.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m wrong a lot, but my bet is Baldwin walks with no jail or even probation. I predict everyone else surrounding the incident will get probation or jail time, but he won’t. :anyone:
My money would be on your expressed outcome tho’ not my druther. Hopefully a civil suit will take all he has.

Latest posts

Top Bottom