Alec Baldwin Charged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My money would be on your expressed outcome tho’ not my druther. Hopefully a civil suit will take all he has.
It is my understanding the civil lawsuit ended in a settlement. Everything I read is saying he thought he was out of the woods, because he settle with the family.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A legal question, not a "safe firearm handling" question:

Is there a legal requirement that Baldwin should have checked to insure no live rounds? That seems like it would be part of his defense plan.
100% his responsibility to check the weapon for safety. After his incarceration, I hope this arse raped POS gets sued in civil court so he will be flipping burgers the rest of his sorry life.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
100% his responsibility to check the weapon for safety. After his incarceration, I hope this arse raped POS gets sued in civil court so he will be flipping burgers the rest of his sorry life.
I agree totally with this. I have never had a civil thing to say about him, and he did indeed have a responsibility to check the firearm himself. But my question was from a legal standpoint. Is there an actual legal statute here that he violated?

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assistant director David Halls, who was reportedly the go-between, taking the gun from Gutierrez-Reed and handing it to Baldwin, agreed to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon. The terms include a suspended sentence and six months of probation. (See Complete Article Below)

David Hall most likely will testify in Court that!
1) It all Gutierres-Reed fault that the live rounds were loaded in Firearm!
2) Halyna Hutchins told him to go get the firearm from the cart outside not Baldwin
2) Baldwin never pulled the trigger! (Had to be Firearm malfunction)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...gksqi9fYblQm35qntdm-MbEs7yHRl2G9WXOwNNdszpMW-

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assistant director David Halls, who was reportedly the go-between, taking the gun from Gutierrez-Reed and handing it to Baldwin, agreed to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon. The terms include a suspended sentence and six months of probation. (See Complete Article Below)

David Hall most likely will testify in Court that!
1) It all Gutierres-Reed fault that the live rounds were loaded in Firearm!
2) Halyna Hutchins told him to go get the firearm from the cart outside not Baldwin
2) Baldwin never pulled the trigger! (Had to be Firearm malfunction)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...gksqi9fYblQm35qntdm-MbEs7yHRl2G9WXOwNNdszpMW-
> Baldwin, who had the gun when it went off,

It just went off? Must have been a SIG

So the press states the gun just went off rather than Baldwin pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all hate Baldwin. That's a given. And we all probably agree that he will get away with this. I think I read that he has already had a settlement with the family.

This was a movie set, not a firing range. Other than being a stupid, careless, arrogant, prick, is there any actual law that he is guilty of?

I'd love to see him shuffle off to jail for a few months, but I see too many easy ways for his attorney to play this.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember OJ?????

The armorer had "live" ammo on the set.
The armorer had set up a firing range, for cast and crew, to be used during time.
The armorer had not cleared the gun.
The asst dir did check the gun
Baldwin did not check the gun.

There is chance, as Clay mentioned, this was an assassination.
"Live" rounds where there shouldn't be.
1 round loaded in a SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER, 5 blanks. Hammer cocked and the 1 "live" round is under the hammer.
Baldwin doesn't check condition, cocks hammer, aims at a person and PULLS TRIGGER.

He is GUILTY. Manslaughter or premeditated murder is the question.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all hate Baldwin. That's a given. And we all probably agree that he will get away with this. I think I read that he has already had a settlement with the family.

This was a movie set, not a firing range. Other than being a stupid, careless, arrogant, prick, is there any actual law that he is guilty of?

I'd love to see him shuffle off to jail for a few months, but I see too many easy ways for his attorney to play this.
All I know is the prosecutors charging him spent 18 months examining your question and concluded that yes, he is guilty of a felony that could put him behind bars for IIRC, 4 years? I believe a substantial part of their case against him will hinge on the FBI report that there's no way the gun fired without him pulling the trigger, that he had to be pointing the gun at her in a negligent manner, and that he's on tape denying both of those facts.

Beyond that I ANAL and not well versed enough in the nuances and caselaw of the NM criminal statutes to say yes or no. I'm on record repeatedly that we have a legal system, not a "justice" system. Santa Fe NM is a VERY left of center politically, Baldwin can afford the finest defense money can buy (to include jury vetting for voir dire) and I doubt it will be possible to empanel a 100% impartial jury in that venue. Against Baldwin is that NM is also a gun state by its western nature. Most of those gun owners will correctly believe that everyone is responsible for whatever they shoot.

So right now I'd say Baldwin has a slightly better than even shot at beating the charges. Time is on his side and his best legal gambit is delay, delay, delay. With his money, he should be able to generate at least 2-4 more crotch spawn before this can go to trial. :(

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I don't think he'd have been charged if he had just shut up about it. Instead, he did his TV interviews thinking he'd put his acting skills to use and do some damage control on his 'reputation'. And in doing so, stupidly, created the questions and inconsistencies referenced above. Finger on the trigger? Oh, no never would do that and point it at someone..

Latest posts

Top Bottom