Alec Baldwin Charged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The armorer who wasn’t even there, probably not. No way could she be in any kind of control if she was in fact helping wardrobe."
I'm thinking I read somewhere along the way that SAG or some other actors organization had guidelines that included not ever having live ammunition on set and she allowed live ammunition on set - and didn't control it by keeping it locked up.
IIRC, they were having a labor dispute (partially about gun safety due to negligent discharges [with LIVE AMMO?]). Could one of the unhappy people have squirreled away a live round or two to insert in a 'cold' prop gun to prove a point? Were I a lawyer, I might think about using this, although it probably would hurt him as far as proving negligence...

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A legal question, not a "safe firearm handling" question:

Is there a legal requirement that Baldwin should have checked to insure no live rounds? That seems like it would be part of his defense plan.
(Prosecutor) Carmack-Altwies said "just because it's an accident doesn't mean that it's not criminal."

"Our involuntary manslaughter statute covers unintentional killings," she said.

"Unintentional, that means they didn't mean to do it. They didn't have the intent to kill. But it happened anyway, and it happened because of more than mere negligence... They didn't exercise due caution or circumspection and that's what happened here."

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they're both in danger of being convicted for negligent homicide and Baldwin is doubly (maybe 'triply') likely to be convicted - as both 1. the actor who pointed the gun and pulled the trigger and 2. the executive producer who recklessly ignored or didn't practice due diligence about on-set safety issues (especially those concerning previous accidental discharges on set) - on top of that he 3. as executive producer, hired her or had say about hiring her (diversity hire? money-saving hire?) knowing she had no experience to speak of.

Now whether either will receive prison time upon conviction, I'd say she is more likely to go to jail for some period of time since she's not a famous celebrity (who has a chance of being pardoned by Biden for his gun control stance)...

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember OJ?????

The armorer had "live" ammo on the set.
The armorer had set up a firing range, for cast and crew, to be used during time.
The armorer had not cleared the gun.
The asst dir did check the gun
Baldwin did not check the gun.

There is chance, as Clay mentioned, this was an assassination.
"Live" rounds where there shouldn't be.
1 round loaded in a SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER, 5 blanks. Hammer cocked and the 1 "live" round is under the hammer.
Baldwin doesn't check condition, cocks hammer, aims at a person and PULLS TRIGGER.

He is GUILTY. Manslaughter or premeditated murder is the question.
Not angry at you, but at him!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember OJ?????

The armorer had "live" ammo on the set.
The armorer had set up a firing range, for cast and crew, to be used during time.
The armorer had not cleared the gun.
The asst dir did check the gun
Baldwin did not check the gun.

There is chance, as Clay mentioned, this was an assassination.
"Live" rounds where there shouldn't be.
1 round loaded in a SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER, 5 blanks. Hammer cocked and the 1 "live" round is under the hammer.
Baldwin doesn't check condition, cocks hammer, aims at a person and PULLS TRIGGER.

He is GUILTY. Manslaughter or premeditated murder is the question.
I've been getting two stories First I heard it was 6 shot revolver, now I'm hearing and AR.
I'm confused!

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting two stories First I heard it was 6 shot revolver, now I'm hearing and AR.
I'm confused!
There is a picture and a description in the article that I posted. Whether or not that is 100% accurate, I have no way of knowing. We are often given only the information they want us to have in order for us to believe what they want us to believe. I think they used to call that propaganda...

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half of the film crew walked of the set the morning of the shooting. (Shooting was at aprox 1:30) because of the following.
1) Negligent discharges with two other actors.
2) Driving 50 miles to the cheap Motel at the end of the day after 12-13 hour set schedule work.
3) Driving Back the 50 miles to be on set at 6:30
4) They were replaced by non-union workers and told to leave the set.
5) Extras camped out on the set and furnished their own food.
6) Main Crew was bused to a close location for lunch.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme.../alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After the way this jerk carried on about G.W. Bush and the Magnificent 45th President of these here United States of America, Donald J. Trump, I hope the judge rewards him with a life sentence at hard labor. I hold him with an equally high regard as David Hogg; Robert De Nero, Joy Behar, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Nancy Pelosi, Kim Jong-Un, and Shawn Penn….

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After the way this jerk carried on about G.W. Bush and the Magnificent 45th President of these here United States of America, Donald J. Trump, I hope the judge rewards him with a life sentence at hard labor. I hold him with an equally high regard as David Hogg; Robert De Nero, Joy Behar, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Nancy Pelosi, Kim Jong-Un, and Shawn Penn….
...and Barack Obama, (among others, the list is long) all treasonous enemies of the republic.

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Alec Baldwin and the armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter.

With his money, I'm betting he buys his way out of it. He's already settled the lawsuit with that lady's family. I'm betting he lays all the blame on the armorer gal, and gets away with it. She doesn't have the funds to fight something like this, unless the production company is having to foot her bill. I'll bet she gets time, but Baldwin...that dillweed will skate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom