Alec baldwin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that, the issue is there is a person on the movie set that is paid to manage everything related to firearms. That person is responsible to make certain they are safe, and are handled safely. Any time a firearm is in use, they should be present, and monitoring the scene for safety.
Hannah was told to go work in wardrobe because no firearms would be used on the scene.
Assistant Director Hall, went and got the revolver and told Baldwin it was Cold. He pleaded out to a mister meaner and was given probation. I will bet that he testifies that he saw Hannah load the gun and other lies, so she will be the fall gal.
When I go to a pistol class, the instructors don't assume that the students know the rules, they explain them, and manage the students. Same when I go to a range, the RO is supposed to manage the range and safety.

A movie set is no different.

People let their emotions about a person or group cloud their opinions on things. Whether or not he bought his way out is another story and a bigger picture/problem. Remove the name from the situation, just make it a person, or even a person you know and like, would you believe they should have been charged in the same situation?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assistant Director Hall, went and got the revolver and told Baldwin it was Cold. He pleaded out to a mister meaner and was given probation. I will bet that he testifies that he saw Hannah load the gun and other lies, so she will be the fall gal.
Hard to decipher what you are saying but I will give it a try.

The person responsible for firearms was told to go work elsewhere as no guns would be used? And the Assistant Director retrieved a gun to give to Baldwin?

The person that sent here away is culpable, the AD is culpable, and she is mostly culpable because there was a gun that could be accessed outside of her control. In other words, if you are responsible for the guns, and all aspects that surround the safe handling of those guns, then the guns should be secured when you are not there. Really isn't rocket science...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that, the issue is there is a person on the movie set that is paid to manage everything related to firearms. That person is responsible to make certain they are safe, and are handled safely. Any time a firearm is in use, they should be present, and monitoring the scene for safety.

When I go to a pistol class, the instructors don't assume that the students know the rules, they explain them, and manage the students. Same when I go to a range, the RO is supposed to manage the range and safety.

A movie set is no different.

People let their emotions about a person or group cloud their opinions on things. Whether or not he bought his way out is another story and a bigger picture/problem. Remove the name from the situation, just make it a person, or even a person you know and like, would you believe they should have been charged in the same situation?

Hard to decipher what you are saying but I will give it a try.

The person responsible for firearms was told to go work elsewhere as no guns would be used? And the Assistant Director retrieved a gun to give to Baldwin?

The person that sent here away is culpable, the AD is culpable, and she is mostly culpable because there was a gun that could be accessed outside of her control. In other words, if you are responsible for the guns, and all aspects that surround the safe handling of those guns, then the guns should be secured when you are not there. Really isn't rocket science...

So, are you trying to give just any old Hollywood actor a free pass because "it wasn't their job?"

Sorry, but I don't buy that.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, are you trying to give just any old Hollywood actor a free pass because "it wasn't their job?"

Sorry, but I don't buy that.
do we know that baldwin has a background with real guns? If not, i could see a situation where he didn't know to check it once he received it. We are a group of people who have been taught to be careful, yet we still have people admit to ND situations. If he is a typical hollywood type, and his only experience is on set, where all the guns go through a person paid to ensure they are safe, then why would he expect this instance to be any different?

I'm not saying this to let him off the hook, i'm just saying it seems very possible that he behaved the way he would have in any of the other situations where he handled a prop gun.

Also, IIRC, the special prosecutors are saying the charges were dropped (for now) because there are indications that the gun might have been modified and behaved unexpectedly. Or at least that there was enough indication that they weren't comfortable moving forward with charges (i.e. they probably didn't think they were assured a win).

Latest posts

Top Bottom