Am i going to get a ticket? stupid tollboth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a racket. They make more money when they're "broken." As proven in this case. :D

You did good, but you don't have to pay MOAR! If you throw your money in and the machine is jacked, that's not your problem.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you sniveling wimp.

Those things screw up all the time; the one on the Cherokee did it to me Saturday. The first time it happened to me I threw in more change (doubled the toll), every time it's happened since I just honk and flip the machine off as a I drive away.

No tickets yet.

no tellin how many times thats happened to me at the Locust Grove machines over the years. i have sat in line behind people who threw quarter after quarter in waiting on a green light. i know its only a quarter but i'll be danged if i'm gonna double or triple pay just cause their stupid machines dont work. i also may or may not know of someone who on occasion throws a handful of pennies & a nickle or 2 in when they dont have a quarter.:lookaroun no tickets yet....

and weren't we supposed to only have to pay for a certain number of years until it was paid off?

DogOnTheGround

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The toll plaza on the Kilpatrick at Western used to be horrible about that. Wife had it happen and she called and they told her that sometimes the machine jams and flags people before they get the notification. In those cases they don't send one out if the machine did in fact jam.

Before I had a pike pass I had it happen a few times and called them. They told me they look at the tape and see if you tried to pay, if so then then they void out the violation. For what it's worth the times it's happened I've never gotten anything but the one time I blew one thinking I had my buddies pike pass it did flag me.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a cousin from California who came through to visit on their way back home. The came across the Creek turnpike in a motorhome pulling a car. They were complaining about how big a pain it was to pay the toll and how expensive. When I got the full story, they were pulling off the pike every time they saw a sign that said pay toll at exit. They would pull off, pay, go through the light and get back on the turnpike and go to the next sign to pay toll. I laughed my a@@ off. It's good to know we're making extra money off the out of staters.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a cousin from California who came through to visit on their way back home. The came across the Creek turnpike in a motorhome pulling a car. They were complaining about how big a pain it was to pay the toll and how expensive. When I got the full story, they were pulling off the pike every time they saw a sign that said pay toll at exit. They would pull off, pay, go through the light and get back on the turnpike and go to the next sign to pay toll. I laughed my a@@ off. It's good to know we're making extra money off the out of staters.

I think I woke my kids up laughing at that!

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never tossed extra coins in and went on through and never had a problem....yet. You could call the turnpike authority, I think they can verify your situation with a tag number

Also I accidentally went through a toll in Texas without paying once, it seemed like there was 3 or 4 tolls about every 5 miles so I missed one. I got a number to call for the Texas turnpike authority. They checked my tag number and it came up clean, I asked the lady to double check cause I am from Oklahoma so I didnt want any suprises in the mail. She said "Oh we dont send out tickets for out of state vehicles, and there was also active construction on that day so the cameras were turned off". She said those 2 conditions put me in the clear, but I dont really want to test that again.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder who gets all that unreported income from the jammed machines?
kind of like small resturants that hit the no sale button on the register once in a while.
25-50 cents x 10x a day x 100-200 toll booths adds up quick.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got on at the Kellyville entrance once after shooting at Happy Hollow and the same thing happened, I looked into the basket and it had 6 or 7 inches of quarters backed up into the basket. I thought about it but knowing that I was on camera I just drove through and never heard from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom