Am i going to get a ticket? stupid tollboth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate toll roads, I have put my money in several times and the light would not turn green so I just drive off and call the turnpike authority and b#&^@ at them for making me look like a toll booth deadbeat!! I figured that would make them fix the problem but it didn't but kinda made me feel better!!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The automated tolls are comepletely worthless. This happens ALL the time and I too wonder if they don't ignore the inherant design issues just to make more toll from the honest people who try to solve the problem by throwing more money at it.

I used to do that, but it is such a widespread and constant problem, that now if it doesn't work the first time, I go ahead and drive through.

I did notice that sometimes the piece-o-crap baskets that they have poorly attached sometimes are the culprit. I came across a toll the other day where the bastet was ill fitting (they all are to some extent) and it was just dumping change onto the road below. Friggin OTA, don't get me started. They shouldn't even exist.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did notice that sometimes the piece-o-crap baskets that they have poorly attached sometimes are the culprit. I came across a toll the other day where the bastet was ill fitting (they all are to some extent) and it was just dumping change onto the road below.

This happened to me last spring. I pulled up to the coin collection basket and tossed in the correct change, and I saw one of the quarters fall out of a gap at the bottom of the basket. It bounced off the curb and rolled under my car. No way was I going to park, get out, and root around under the car for the quarter just because the turnpike authorities couldn't be bothered to maintain the booths, so I just drove on.

03on22s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unmanned toll booths are ridiculous, as are our toll roads. I think 412 from Stillwater to Sandsprings is one of the worst roads in the state. I thought part of the toll was for maintenance on the road? Funny toll road story though. I was headed to Milwaukee one time in our company dually and 48ft enclosed trailer. I was just south of Chicago about to start heading northwest and I was on this huge 10-12 lane toll road. It Y'd off a couple miles ahead and I needed to go left so I was in the far left lane. Well with the flow of traffic I was doing about 85 and top the hill and all the manned booths were about 5 lanes to the right so I had to blow through the "pass" lane. Our administrator lady got a picture a couple of days later with me and the guy with me waiving at the camera. She wasn't happy.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unmanned toll booths are ridiculous, as are our toll roads. I think 412 from Stillwater to Sandsprings is one of the worst roads in the state. I thought part of the toll was for maintenance on the road? Funny toll road story though. I was headed to Milwaukee one time in our company dually and 48ft enclosed trailer. I was just south of Chicago about to start heading northwest and I was on this huge 10-12 lane toll road. It Y'd off a couple miles ahead and I needed to go left so I was in the far left lane. Well with the flow of traffic I was doing about 85 and top the hill and all the manned booths were about 5 lanes to the right so I had to blow through the "pass" lane. Our administrator lady got a picture a couple of days later with me and the guy with me waiving at the camera. She wasn't happy.

I assume the trailer you were pulling had a tag on it? When I was landscaping my trailer did not have a tag on it so anytime I am pulling a trailer I just go on through the pikepass lane, also if I only have a paper tag, or if I just don't feel like paying that day. I've probably received 5-6 tickets in the last few years.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I made a trip to OKC a couple of years ago, all three PikePass booths on the Indian Nation beeped and said thank you, and also on the Kirkpatrick going to my daughter's house. It snowed and froze that night. Over the week-end we made several trips up and down the Kirkpatrick and never got a beep or a thankyou. I figgered it was the snow blocking the sensors. Monday I went to the PikePass headquarters and reported the problem. Turns out the battery died on my unit.

For some reason we had used my mother's vehicle. She got a bunch of tickets in the mail that totalled over $700.00. I called PikePass, told them the story, and all were forgiven, thank God and PikePass.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume the trailer you were pulling had a tag on it? When I was landscaping my trailer did not have a tag on it so anytime I am pulling a trailer I just go on through the pikepass lane, also if I only have a paper tag, or if I just don't feel like paying that day. I've probably received 5-6 tickets in the last few years.

You are a classy fella.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are a classy fella.

I do my best, if I have the change on me I pay, if I don't well then I dont. I live just off the turner gate in sapulpa, and the way the roads are set up unless I want to drive 20 minutes out of my way I'll be taking the turnpike. Weren't we supposed to be getting rid of the tolls at some point?

Latest posts

Top Bottom