Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I guarantee that 75% of the folks *****ing about what Twitter is doing, especially on forums like this, don't even have accounts and have never used it.

There are plenty of Republican, right-wing, and libertarian voices that are very active on Twitter and haven't been suspended and several left-wing accounts have been suspended over the last year.

Folks just repost what they've heard.

I'm on Twitter way more than I probably should be . . . I've tried to follow folks on various sides of topics. Some that just report current issues in a more general way. Slashdot and similar accounts would probably report or discuss a removal of any popular account that was suspended.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought we supported Free Enterprise and Capitalism, and the old saying "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".
That's a little like how people like Costco.... until Costco tells them to wear a mask. People like a lot of things as long as it doesn't apply to them.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought we supported Free Enterprise and Capitalism, and the old saying "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".
When the medium of communication that 90% of people use is in private hands...and those private corporations are shutting down others...we are seeing suppression of free speech in a very practical sense. ...it is in alignment with the Left.

If you can only use smoke signals and carrier pigeons but not the cloud then in a very real and practical sense free speech does not exist.
It should be noted that in England you can be arrested for anything considered hate speech.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the medium of communication that 90% of people use is in private hands...and those private corporations are shutting down others...we are seeing suppression of free speech in a very practical sense. ...it is in alignment with the Left.

If you can only use smoke signals and carrier pigeons but not the cloud then in a very real and practical sense free speech does not exist.
It should be noted that in England you can be arrested for anything considered hate speech.
Why does free speech matter? It's not really a protected right as you describe. Free Speech as a right only means the free and public expression of opinions without censorship, interference and restraint by the government.

But we're a society of capitalists. There's no protection from consequences of your speech over in private America. Whether that means your precious twitter account gets shut down, the Parler gets shut down, job gets lost, whatever. In this bold land of capitalism the strong survive and eat the weak. And apparently one side is stronger than the other. Or much much smarter to control all those communication channels.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oh, that hate speech stuff is coming here, don't fret. Oy vey.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, how did those evil sites ever get started. Maybe like OSA? There is plenty of stuff to be outraged about without worrying that Trump can’t Twitter every half hour.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) I did not know I was being trolled until one of you pointed it out.
2) I was on Twitter until a few months ago. I personally saw many calls for violence from the lefties that were never banned. BLM, Antifa, hell even the Iranians calling for the deaths of Jews and Trump is allowed, but not Republicans saying the election was stolen. Make no mistake, that is what is getting people banned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom