American Sniper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We desperately need consequences for stupidity.

I tend toward the more libertarian viewpoint so let me comment..."consequences" suggests some sort of punishment for this guy's speech...This is the big problem with the right-wing...they claim to be for small gov't and freedom but they seem to want to control people they disagree with just as bad as the left I'm learning; that may not be you but I'm just going off an off-handed comment...having said that, this man isn't intellectually honest if he truly believes that. It is possible he is trying to say something bombastic to get into the spotlight, but I'd tend to think he means it...And for that his stupidity as you put it, is just one example why I tend not to warm up to any particular group no matter how much I agree in other areas...The guy is just an azzhole plain and simple...I commented earlier about the Iraq war, but Kyle is still brave for being there when called upon and killing bad guys...his argument reminds me of when the left tries to morally equivocate abortion and the death penalty...it is absurd in my opinion.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the movie tonight - wife and I really enjoyed it. Made me stop and think again how much I appreciate military veterans and the sacrifices they make to keep this country safe. What a tragic way to lose a good man and an American Hero.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to the more libertarian viewpoint that someone that would not differentiate between Adam Lanza and Chris Kyle does not understand the price of their liberty. I responded to the headline, but didn't read the text.

As far as "consequences", I had no other thought that letting nature take it's course. If you want the MF'ers that Kyle killed in your universe, invite them in, by all means......

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to the more libertarian viewpoint that someone that would not differentiate between Adam Lanza and Chris Kyle does not understand the price of their liberty. I responded to the headline, but didn't read the text.

As far as "consequences", I had no other thought that letting nature take it's course. If you want the MF'ers that Kyle killed in your universe, invite them in, by all means......

Clarification noted...and I want our enemies defeated and we need men like Kyle on our side...but i want the border closed immediately too...why go fight foreign wars when we give away the nation at home! The fact that that border is still open is an insult to every soldier we send to die over seas in my opinion.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse Ventura says he won't see American Sniper – which will come as no surprise to those who've followed his legal skirmish with the late Chris Kyle.

The former Minnesota governor – who was a Navy SEAL like Kyle, the protagonist of American Sniper played by Bradley Cooper – tells the Associated Press that he's skipping the movie because Kyle is no hero to him.

"A hero must be honorable, must have honor. And you can't have honor if you're a liar. There is no honor in lying," said Ventura, 63.

Ventura's problems with Kyle, who died at age 38 on a Texas gun range in 2013, date back to the 2012 publication of Kyle's bestselling memoir. Ventura won a defamation lawsuit against Kyle over an unnamed person in the book, Scruff Face, who disparages the war and the SEALs. Kyle later said Scruff Face was Ventura.

HarperCollins removed the Scruff Face section from the book, and it is not mentioned in the film.

Ventura also told the AP that the movie is mere propaganda because it falsely suggests Iraq was connected to the 9/11 attacks. "It's as authentic as Dirty Harry," he said.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clarification noted...and I want our enemies defeated and we need men like Kyle on our side...but i want the border closed immediately too...why go fight foreign wars when we give away the nation at home! The fact that that border is still open is an insult to every soldier we send to die over seas in my opinion.

Our border will never be closed. Maybe one generation till 3rd worldom.

The US Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agencies have the important task of protecting the NFL’s “intellectual property,” ostensibly “to ensure fans are getting official Super Bowl related memorabilia.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom