American Sniper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw it. My theater was quiet at the end also.

As for the movie, I wish they'd just told the story in the book. I don't know why they had to add so many "story lines" that just didn't happen. His actual story was interesting enough, IMHO.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we went to the 10;30 this morning. we figured we'd beat the crowds, we were wrong. the place was sold out.
what a powerful movie. it was all i could do to not bawl at the end. when the movie was over, everyone just sat there. when we finally did quietly file out, someone said 'God Bless America', everyone said a quiet 'Amen'. very moving

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the movie on the list to see.

I find it interesting that some of the same people who chastised Clint Eastwood for being so over the hill and senile with his "Empty Chair" production a few years back are now totally livid that Eastwood is getting the entertainment dollars and publicity that could have been spent on some of their movies. All they can do is spout stupid hatred remarks. I guess Eastwood was not quite over the hill yet. I bet the next years Oscar (think that is the right one) selections will surely have some heated discussions.

As I see it, I am not expecting a precise documentary. It is just a movie based on a story of hearsay, close enough for me. I really can get past minor details of his shoe size not being accurate. It is just a movie, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom