American Sniper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clarification noted...and I want our enemies defeated and we need men like Kyle on our side...but i want the border closed immediately too...why go fight foreign wars when we give away the nation at home! The fact that that border is still open is an insult to every soldier we send to die over seas in my opinion.

I agree. The glaring omissions to our security presented by the southern border are profound.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/real-american-sniper-chris-kyle-wasnt-hero/

... The last passage from American Sniper that I will list truly demonstrates Kyle’s lack of heroism:

“A teenager, I’d guess about fifteen, sixteen, appeared on the street and squared up with an AK-47 to fire at them. I dropped him. A minute or two later, an Iraqi woman came running up, saw him on the ground, and tore off her clothes. She was obviously his mother. I’d see the families of the insurgents display their grief, tear off clothes, even rub the blood on themselves. If you loved them, I thought, you should have kept them away from the war. You should have kept them from joining the insurgency.”

The insurgency that the sniper is referring to is the local Iraqi insurgency that would have never existed if the United States hadn’t invaded Iraq to begin with. These “insurgents” weren’t making their way overseas to hurt Kyle’s family, so where does his malice towards the child he killed in cold blood come from?...

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/real-american-sniper-chris-kyle-wasnt-hero/

... The last passage from American Sniper that I will list truly demonstrates Kyle’s lack of heroism:

“A teenager, I’d guess about fifteen, sixteen, appeared on the street and squared up with an AK-47 to fire at them. I dropped him. A minute or two later, an Iraqi woman came running up, saw him on the ground, and tore off her clothes. She was obviously his mother. I’d see the families of the insurgents display their grief, tear off clothes, even rub the blood on themselves. If you loved them, I thought, you should have kept them away from the war. You should have kept them from joining the insurgency.”

The insurgency that the sniper is referring to is the local Iraqi insurgency that would have never existed if the United States hadn’t invaded Iraq to begin with. These “insurgents” weren’t making their way overseas to hurt Kyle’s family, so where does his malice towards the child he killed in cold blood come from?...

What "malice" are you referring to? Kyle was in a situation to protect our troops. His brothers and sisters. Regardless of the circumstances that took him to Iraq, he was there to do his job. If a 15 year old kid with an AK faced off with you or your family, would you not take the shot? And in the aftermath, would it be just to accuse you of an act of malice?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if i and my comrades were invading a nation, i would fully expect its people to try to defend themselves, and would hold no malice towards the people i killed for doing so. neither would i blame the mother of a child i executed for his death.

If you loved them, I thought, you should have kept them away from the war. You should have kept them from joining the insurgency.

keep them away from the war, how?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What "malice" are you referring to? Kyle was in a situation to protect our troops. His brothers and sisters. Regardless of the circumstances that took him to Iraq, he was there to do his job. If a 15 year old kid with an AK faced off with you or your family, would you not take the shot? And in the aftermath, would it be just to accuse you of an act of malice?

although in principle, I see the valid point otis is trying to make, BUT once it's go time, any one of us would take the shot...Kyle wasn't in charge of the political aspects of the war...he was there to kill people before they killed him. Iraq was a huge mistake, but I am trying not to pee on this man's grave as best I can despite the fact it helped our enemies establish an Islamic State. But yes, if we were invaded, the foreign news would refer to the avg "bubba" as an insurgent for trying to defend his home.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... not my troops...

Perhaps they are not "yours," but our troops are there to serve our country and all of the people whose faces and names they will never know. It's unfortunate that you feel that they are not yours, because you and all the rest of us are certainly "theirs."

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heh, then why are they fighting wars overseas when the greatest threats to us, their friends, families, neighbors and countrymen, are sitting on a hill on the east coast?

Latest posts

Top Bottom