Another suicide at Tulsa Firearms?? WTF??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It may be harsh and I don't give a rat's ass about the underlying circumstances. People like that almosts ALWAYS end up on the taxpayers teat in some form or fashion and I'm tired of paying the way for other people. As long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process and they are able to finish the job, more power to them.

kitkat13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow I'm sorry you had to see that. If TFA gives you the creeps now I'd go to 2A, its much better than TFA

Thanks everyone.

Where is 2A? Never heard of it. I'm okay but my boyfriend is pretty shook up. His work gave him two days off. He says he can't get the image out of his head so we're going to counseling Friday.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think druryj mentioned it because these types of suicides are "assisted" in some way or other. Using someone, there facilities, and/or gun makes it suck all the way around.

Correct. Why traumatize others if you are out to end your life?

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, KitKat. do try and get him back into a setting where you guys can do some shooting SOON! Experience has shown that it helps with the "moving on" process to replace that recurring bad memory with a good one. Right now, all that comes to mind when thinks about anything shooting or gun related is that terrible experience. If he is willing at all, try and get him to go out and shoot some .22's, go bust some clays at a trap or skeet range, shoot cans down at the creek. Anything to help him over the hump. Think of it as getting back on the horse after being bucked off. It very well may be now or never. It would be a terrible shame for a young man to recoil from such a rewarding pursuit for the rest of his life because some ********* chose to get his 15 seconds of fame in front of you guys. there are lots of shooting opportunities in the Tulsa area. as several members have mentioned, some good ranges. Remember, you dont have to go to a range. He may be more comfortable in a different type setting initially. possibly friends or family with a bit of land outside of town? Be creative if you have to. BTW, your a good friend/girlfreind to help him through this..

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, KitKat. do try and get him back into a setting where you guys can do some shooting SOON! Experience has shown that it helps with the "moving on" process to replace that recurring bad memory with a good one. Right now, all that comes to mind when thinks about anything shooting or gun related is that terrible experience. If he is willing at all, try and get him to go out and shoot some .22's, go bust some clays at a trap or skeet range, shoot cans down at the creek. Anything to help him over the hump. Think of it as getting back on the horse after being bucked off. It very well may be now or never. It would be a terrible shame for a young man to recoil from such a rewarding pursuit for the rest of his life because some ********* chose to get his 15 seconds of fame in front of you guys. there are lots of shooting opportunities in the Tulsa area. as several members have mentioned, some good ranges. Remember, you dont have to go to a range. He may be more comfortable in a different type setting initially. possibly friends or family with a bit of land outside of town? Be creative if you have to. BTW, your a good friend/girlfreind to help him through this..

This. There was a young man who came in H&H while I was working there. He had shot himself and was going to get back out on the range even though he was terrified. Asked me if I would go out there with him, just in case. Of course, I was more than happy to oblige him. That first shot brought tears to his eyes and he was shaking so bad he could hardly stand, but he got through it.

What ever your boyfriend needs to get through this, give it to him and be patient. Don't be surprised if you start having difficulty later and need help. Everyone reacts to events like this differently. Good luck to both of you.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the simple fact that you shoot with your guy makes you cool in my book, but I have to also agree with the above two posts.

I'll second that. The above couple post are spot on and very well said. I typically go to 2A on Tuesday or Wednesday (My days off) and if he wants to meet some new faces let him know and I would be honored to meet up with him and offer a friendship. Ive been in his shoes 1 to many times and know it's tough.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with 'Thunder. Although the loss of life is sad, susicide is a very selffish act. Most people have problems to some degree and the vast majority don't kill themselves. From what I have read, the affect on the family and friends of someone who commits suicide has a horrible affect on the rest of the family. As a few others have said, these people either need to ask for more help or at least do the deed where no one else is watching or immediately involved. Selfish, and spineless act to say the least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom