Any Cox technicians in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m remodeling a house and it has several cox boxes I want removed. I’ve tried calling but cox has horrible customer service which is one reason I stopped using them. What is the best way to get rid of these old service boxes?
Why don’t you put a recessed box in this one’s place? The coax running through the Smurf pipe is a little janky though.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it's required by the buyer. In a power outage or bad weather that knocks out the cell tower there's nothing like an actual phone line. I wouldn't have a home without it. It's also great for giving someone a number and not having to deal with spam texts.

When we moved in, '03. Got the AT*T bundle internet, landline, cell.
Had the landlines for 12 years, never rang. And then, 6:00, just sitting down to eat and phone rings. "We're calling about your car's extended warranty."

I ripped the phone out of the wall.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Only getting fiber internet from Grid SW I think it’s called. Nothing else. I have no problem pulling the box off and just leaving the wires in the wall but I don’t know how to get rid of the coax running down into the blue pipe into the foundation

1726892924974.png

The white and blue twisted pair are the old telephone lines that go into the house to the individul rooms to phone jacks in those rooms. Old school wiring, not used any more.

That big black blue plastic wrapped wire is the incoming cable. Cut it off and seal it with expanding foam or caulking. Poof, you're done.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 512746

The white and blue twisted pair are the old telephone lines that go into the house to the individul rooms to phone jacks in those rooms. Old school wiring, not used any more.

That big black blue plastic wrapped wire is the incoming cable. Cut it off and seal it with expanding foam or caulking. Poof, you're done.

I thought I remembered that phone lines had additional colors, for a total of 4 wires. I just don't remember the colors. Radio Shack used to sell phone line with 4 wires, and those were of different colors.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I remembered that phone lines had additional colors, for a total of 4 wires. I just don't remember the colors. Radio Shack used to sell phone line with 4 wires, and those were of different colors.

4 wire was for 2 phone lines. If you had problems, they would use the spare pair. Easier than having to run new wire.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a buyer is that petty, they’d better have an offer above asking for it to be worth while. I don’t know about Cox, but both AT$T and OEC Fiber will run new cable for free just to get you as a customer.
Every time I've had a new service connected they have ran new cable. Everybody, every time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 512351

He didn't like me taking his picture with that COX cabling mess in front of him.

They used the air plenum as a conduit for their cabling!!!

Screw him

View attachment 512352

It seems to me he has the most perfect tool standing up in front of him for that clusterf.
That does seem a bit extreme but after seeing the janky cable runs on my mom's house it doesn't surprise me at all. They literally threw a coax cable over the roof (yes, the top of the roof) to get to the front for a TV connection. :faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom