Anybody going to brave the weather this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I woke up at 6:00 this morning to go and try to get a doe. Woke up and figured I would sleep a little bit longer closer to sun up. Ended up sleeping in way to late and didn't even go hunt. Crap.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went and froze my toes and fingers this morning. Didn't see anything but birds and squirrels. I was fine until the sun came out of the clouds and the wind started.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went this AM. 4 does came into the feeder at 10:00. First opportunity I've had since last Tuesday. Decided not to spend my buck tag for the wishful hunt this fine evening.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got in the stand around 2:30 and hunted till dark, I got nothing. Put some corn out infront of my camera last weekend and got about 30 pics of crows. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally gave it up today and slept in. Tweeked my back a little yesterday and decided a day in the recliner would be good medicine. Still have the holiday doe days to get something in the freezer, and some archery.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice big doe Okie and cool pictures! I went out again today, slow.....I have finally settled on the fact that Oklahoma ain't Iowa and the deer here don't move when it snows! This evening I had a spike come in and hang out forever, and then a young doe and her fawn, neither was big enough to shoot, I think I am getting a little soft when it comes to killing the young does on my farm. The ones tonight were a perfect example of babies having babies....both clueless and trying to make it...I let em walk. Beautiful evening though and I am thankful and blessed that I have great farms to hunt and the ability to do so!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The verdict is still out on the oats, but the next 3 months will be the real test. I think they are going to be a real winner and so easy to plant. Sticky I know you will be watching the oats as we enter the dark cold winter and monitor their cold tolerance. Tran - You do the same

Latest posts

Top Bottom