Anybody going to brave the weather this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Went out to look for deer. Got down in the bottom of the creek and followed it till I hit property line. Didn't see any sign of deer in the bottom. Only saw some Mountain Lion tracks. I quit my hunt early. Didn't seem necessary to hunt any longer.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sticky - You and Dennis are two of the hardest hunting fellas I know, hats off to you. Glad you liked lunch the other day at Persimmon Hill. The food is always good.

Dennis Hoddy is hunting hard...Me? I dont know about that! Lol! I didn't go today...our drive and road is so ice covered I dont think I can even get out now...gonna try to go in the morning to the Pott County farm and kill a doe, I guess we'll see if I can get there. Persimmon Hill was great, that place is definitely a new addition to the lunch rotation. Thanks for going with me, good conversation and food. Oh...and that jerky you gave me is long gone, very good! Could use a little bit more pepper but tasty enough. Thank you

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Watched the end of the Bedlam game, cruised to the corn pile. Decided not to sit in the stand, but in a chair on the ground, below an embankment so I could stay out of the wind. Hadn't sit there 2 minutes and a doe and two button bucks walked up. .338RCM hammered the doe. Sit out the rest of the evening, had a group of bucks come in at 4:30 but they didn't stick around too long with the dead doe laying in the corn pile. All the buck were small but one, maybe next year if he grows a lot.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_43067_1386463098868_zps2c1d5649.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom