Anybody going to brave the weather this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntingfool13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got sleet packed slick roads guess my rifle season done for this year. I got doe days off so will hunt then. Archery runs till Jan 15 and only 5 miles from Corps land on Lake Texoma so still have a chance.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out today....as cold as I've been in a treestand in a long time, North wind in my face in an open stand.........damn cold.......I saw 4 little bucks, a forkie, a spike, a little 6 and a 2 1/2 year old 8 point, of course, no does....since that is what I was looking to shoot...I did have 2 nice gobblers come in and 2 seperate coveys of quali that both had more than 15 birds in them....the farm looked beautiful with all the snow on the ground. All in all a nice day. Good luck ya'll..Im staying in tomorrow, going out for one last rifle hunt Sunday, gonna make it an all day hunt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5 hours in the stand this am, and 3 this evening in a different location. Didn't see anything but redtails cruising.

I did find a doe killed about 40 yds from a feeder in thick sunflowers on one place. Don't know what killed it. Coyotes or what, and it was frozen to the ground. Couldn't move it to get it out of the area. It was about half eaten, so I'm thinking the coyote activity has driven the deer off of this spot. Back after it tomorrow.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sticky - You and Dennis are two of the hardest hunting fellas I know, hats off to you. Glad you liked lunch the other day at Persimmon Hill. The food is always good.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out today....as cold as I've been in a treestand in a long time, North wind in my face in an open stand.........damn cold.......

Boy you got that right! We're covered in ice down here, no power, so I got my gal situated and headed for the stand. Was hoping it would be better than what it was. I ended up being frozen to my stand when I finally moved. Being all the food sources are iced over, they've got to be getting hungry, but they ain't moving yet. I left 50 lbs of corn on top of the ice and plan on hitting it about 10 this morning. I don't figure they be on their feet right away when it is so cold.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Talking to a couple of other guys that went yesterday, including them, Sticky, you're the only one who saw deer yesterday. Where those guys were, no snow or ice on the ground. Will be out this evening sitting over a corn/wheat cleaning pile.......hoping for the best, but I just usually don't see anything for a few days after a cold snap like this. Game cam pics still saying everything heading out to cut milo after dark, and to the corn pile after dark.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was 6° when I got in the blind this morning. Didn't see a deer one yesterday. Hopefully with the lower winds they'll check out my corn pile. Everyone I've talked to locally hasn't seen much since the cold moved in.

It's not over 'til sundown Sunday fellas! Good luck!

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't able to get out yesterday. Got here about 6:30 this morning. This place is covered in tracks. Haven't seen anything yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Running traps this morning, 9 doe and 2 small bucks were feeding in a wheat field when I pulled up to the gate

Latest posts

Top Bottom