Your Favorite Weather App For Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's been awhile since this was discussed here. I'm looking for a good app with live radar.

I recently tried Accu Weather and Weatherbug but didn't like them.

What's your favorite?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've used weatherbug for years and years now. Wind forecast/prediction is awesome I'd always accurate which is the primary reason I have it. The radar has done everything I need it to.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Mesonet has their own app. You can get raw data without the meteorologists' guesstimating.
I use 1Weather specifically for the live temp, and News9 Weather because they are fastest with emergency alerts.
For severe weather, I use this app called Facebook, I know some of y'all won't use it but Reed Timmer and Val Castor have all the weather info I generally need

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Wunderground, Accuweather and The Weather Channel on my desktop and The Weather Channel on my phone but im on my desktop more than my phone and hardly do the weather on the phone other than checking the temp unless im away from the house and really need to know what the weather is going to do or how much time i have before it hits so i can get back home before.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use 6 First Alert Weather. Seems to be an NBC affilate or whatever as it has the NBC peacock logo in it. I use it as my first go-to app. Radar is good and has the hour forecast out to about 3 days worth as well as the 10 day forecast. I my cattle rancher neighbor got me on to Mesonet app. Has a ton of features. Lots of weather intel with radar for the state of OK or national, Advisories that give all the warnings for severe weather, flooding, Torando watches/warnings, snow/ice storms, etc. Under it's Map feature it give things like rainfall, Ag advisories, Dew point/humidity, fire weather, Pressure, soil mositure, soil temps, etc, etc. Lots of stuff I won't use but farmers and ranchers would probably benefit from. Sometimes I'll jsut type in Weather.com for intel.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MyRadar has worked best for me.
I've used it for almost 9 yrs.

When we are working our Summer jobs surveying road conditions, we have to avoid wet roads. Even damp roads can occasionally be a problem. The wife has MyRadar on her phone and tablet, so when we are working, the tablet is used to keep track of where the rain is located so that we can avoid it and work another area of the state.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Mesonet has their own app. You can get raw data without the meteorologists' guesstimating.
I use 1Weather specifically for the live temp, and News9 Weather because they are fastest with emergency alerts.
For severe weather, I use this app called Facebook, I know some of y'all won't use it but Reed Timmer and Val Castor have all the weather info I generally need
Mesonet without the spin the local channels put on is my favorite. Live radar, past rainfall, soil temps, past data, hi/lo temps, wind, and the 5 day and hourly forecast for any mesonet staion in the state is great. No way im going use another source for any time period to see if its even close to being as accurate as the Mesonet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom