Anyone have 4 door silverado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
fixing to purchase one, wanna get some opinions on your experiances.

i noticed the rear window on mine drops as it goes down kinda...

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fixing to purchase one, wanna get some opinions on your experiances.

i noticed the rear window on mine drops as it goes down kinda...

I had a Sierra crew cab, '05, it was a decent truck, bought a '10 F-150 SuperCrew in June and couldn't be happier.....

I had no issues with the windows.

I had to replace the 4WD selector switch, rebuild the transfer case and replace the actuator(typical issue), had an issue with the valve seat on #2 cylinder at 60k miles got GMC to cover most of that, with 130K on it when I sold it I was expecting to do the fuel pump, and AC compressor within the next year at a minimum....

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an 03, and then in 06 bought another. I am happy with mine. Haven't had any problems with the windows. I have buttons on the steering wheel for the radio, trip, etc. one light went out behind it, but not a big deal to me.

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Sierra crew cab, '05, it was a decent truck, bought a '10 F-150 SuperCrew in June and couldn't be happier.....

Same here. Switched from a 2005 Silverado Z71 to a 2010 F150 Crew 4x4 and haven't looked back. Only time will tell but I like everything on the new truck better than the Sikverado.

If your buying new I would look at the Fords. 2003-2009 I still prefer the GMs. Didn't have any major problems with mine and it was a good truck.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread too bad, but would you guys mind elaborating on why the new Fords are better? Better ride, smoother, quieter, more features???? Or maybe explain more the faults of the older Chevy's.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an '07 Classic, '07 NBS, and currently have an '09. The six speed trans is nice in the newer ones.

We have some new Dodges at work and the rear seat is much bigger. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Ford truck.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread too bad, but would you guys mind elaborating on why the new Fords are better? Better ride, smoother, quieter, more features???? Or maybe explain more the faults of the older Chevy's.

Better ride, quieter, incredibly roomy and comfortable, decent power/economy combo, SYNC is very cool, not perfect but a huge step forward.

In addition I really like the "man step"....

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 06 crew cab Z71, lots of problems had to be addressed under warranty, brakes, drive shaft, brakes, a/c, brakes, 4x4 selector, brakes, transfer case, brakes, transmission, oh, and the brakes. Has 113k miles at the moment, probably drive it for another couple of years if it holds up, but will not purchase another GM. The lights finally burned out on my steering wheel controls and I'm thankful, those damn things are hot.

My expectations are probably too high, but for $40k I expect a quite ride, that hasn't happened since the test drive.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 03 Z71 that went through the same problems as Shooting4fun, but also needed steering box, new 4 wheel transfer case and windows are now locking up in the down position. I only keep it because it is paid for now and not ready to buy a new truck.

I think my next ride will be for luxury not utility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom