Anyone play REAL airsoft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roknruin1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never done airsoft but played paintball when the boys were living at home ... EEEEEEE-YYYOOOOOOOOWWWWWW what a rush ...

I used to play paintball but I for the life of me in this economy cannot afford to play it. The one time fee of the necessities is fine with me, but you just use too many paintballs for how much they cost. Blast through $80 of paint way too quickly.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to play paintball but I for the life of me in this economy cannot afford to play it. The one time fee of the necessities is fine with me, but you just use too many paintballs for how much they cost. Blast through $80 of paint way too quickly.

I know what you mean ... I wish I had half of what we spent for paintball equipment, guns, fees and paintballs tied up in "real" guns now ... I think that is why I like USPSA matches so much. Get the challenge of moving and shooting without the welps the next day ... :teehee:

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't played AirSoft, but I've had plenty of paintball fun. I can't imagine a plastic bb hurting near as much as a 69cal paintball just because there's a 50-100 fps increase. Kind of like asking how many people were killed during the Civil War with 58-69 cal bullets and compare it to pistol deaths . . .that 69 diameter hurrrrts.

I was also fortunate enough to train at Blackwater in NC using Simunitions. I thought that it beat the socks off of paintball. We were doing pier defense and building clearing techniques, so we switched off in teams being good guys and bad guys. We were using kevlar helmets, paintball masks, throat pads, and lead vests.

For some reason, that seems to keep your torso and face from being a target, and my hands and lower legs became highly sore areas, but not near as bad as the inner thighs. Seems like whoever was the first person to get shot around the groin made it a point to continue it, and it only escalates from there.

I still would love to do a simunition course again though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom