anyone work for or have a contact at a toyota dealership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might check the Tacoma World web site first. A lot of problems discussed with the all new 2016. I bought one, a V6, 4x4 last November. My first non full size truck and my first Toyota. So far I am not impressed with the performance or build quality.
I just spent two hours on that site.
Holy Crap there is a lot of info on there. Not much on my 95. I think the forum was started around 2000 or a little earlier as that's where most posts start from.

Interesting statement on there.
It's been said, "In the end, there will only be cock roaches and Toyota 5VS'S"
I'd have to agree with that. LOL

Last edited:

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check the Tacoma World web site first. A lot of problems discussed with the all new 2016. I bought one, a V6, 4x4 last November. My first non full size truck and my first Toyota. So far I am not impressed with the performance or build quality.

would you be interested in sharing specific problems? Interested in selling it? I am a member on tacomaworld BTW.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased new from Fowler in 2012 and the price and selection was good. Sales experience sucked. Purchased a new Tacoma last November from the dealership here in Muskogee. They got the color and exact package I wanted. Tulsa, Bartlesville and Fayetteville told me I had to settle for what was on the lot at their price. During this time most were sold (4x4) before they hit the lot at MSRP.

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then I guess you have already read the complaints about the 2016. Mine has some of them, excessive road noise, unlubed universal joints and poor hood/fender panel gaps to name a few. I've owned 8 new 1/2 and 3/4 tons over the years but no longer need a full size so I went with the Tacoma based on their reputation. I now believe there is a lot of truth in the old saw about never buy a new model in the first year of production. Seems to me to just be a cheap little truck with a big MSRP and I probably won't keep it as long as I was planning but there would be too much depreciation to think about selling now. Take an extended test drive on different road surfaces before you sign up for one. Mine came from Fletcher in Joplin, they were willing to discount the sticker price, didn't add any dealer options and the doc fee was $149. No dealer in Tulsa was close to their out the door price. Good luck.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So yeah, the dude on Tacomaworld that said he metered 113db in his cab LOL. I had to peek over there for a bit, I was looking at the new Tacomas or a Tundra to replace my Avalanche.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh., road noise? Yer a pusssy if yer not running running KM2s or Toyo MTs anyways.:D Also tacomaworld is full of nerd douches. 113db? LOL. I doubt my small block in my Chevy with the header cutouts open is much louder than that. 113db is louder than a freight train - louder than a Harley running flat out on the highway. A chainsaw or a turbofan plane at takeoof is about 120db. BS.

Far from stupid. I have 6-7 other cars too and 4 homes and a tree farm so the little Tacoma is a small part and I will get to
this soon to decide to lemon the thing or sell it or fix it myself. I have a Lawyer who wants the case.

LOL that guy is a lying goober troll. Typical TW poster.

Toyota fit/finish is cheaper feeling year after year (not in all of their vehicles). That's my main beef. I got to check out a brand new 2004 4x4 and then I myself bought a 2006 new, and later a 2007 new after the 2006 was totaled by Ma Kettle. The last few years of the first gens were put together really nicely. I guess I need to check out a 3rd gen. Thread has me curious.

Tacomas have always had weak points. Like crappy rear suspension. I don't think I'd purchase one without planning to upgrade it over time. Mine will probably run to 500k with nothing but oil changes though, so that's no big deal to me.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned 3 2nd gens. I have no beef with any of them. I did feel the interior was a little lacking in the creature comfort compartments, But not cheaply made or assembled by any means. That's what has peaked my interest in a 3rd gen is the interiors look really nice compared to the 2nd gens. I am not crazy about the downsize on the motor but the reviews say that the power is there if you wait until the tranny learns your driving habits and adjusts.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh., road noise? Yer a pusssy if yer not running running KM2s or Toyo MTs anyways.:D Also tacomaworld is full of nerd douches. 113db? LOL. I doubt my small block in my Chevy with the header cutouts open is much louder than that. 113db is louder than a freight train - louder than a Harley running flat out on the highway. A chainsaw or a turbofan plane at takeoof is about 120db. BS.

LOL that guy is a lying goober troll. Typical TW poster.

Toyota fit/finish is cheaper feeling year after year (not in all of their vehicles). That's my main beef. I got to check out a brand new 2004 4x4 and then I myself bought a 2006 new, and later a 2007 new after the 2006 was totaled by Ma Kettle. The last few years of the first gens were put together really nicely. I guess I need to check out a 3rd gen. Thread has me curious.

Tacomas have always had weak points. Like crappy rear suspension. I don't think I'd purchase one without planning to upgrade it over time. Mine will probably run to 500k with nothing but oil changes though, so that's no big deal to me.

Kinda looked at the thread like... he's fishin..... nah... nevermind..... he's that stupid.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my Tundra in 2011 at Jim Norton and have been getting all of my service done there. The sales guy was really nice. The sales manager was really nice. All of the service people have been really nice. That said, a friend of mine bought an FJ Cruiser from them in 2012 and he has had so many problems with the service department that he got a refund on his extended service plan (basically pre-paid Toyota Care).

I sincerely doubt the sales guy I dealt with in 2011 is still there, but you can always check. The guy's name was Kevin Metzinger (or something like that, I don't have his card anymore).

The only people I've had a problem with are the ones who kept calling wanting to buy my Tundra back because they can't get enough used ones in to meet demand. After the 3rd call in 2 weeks where I told them to stop calling me, I finally blew up on the guy who got argumentative about whether they should be calling me. I didn't use any profanity, but I got loud. He hung up on me and I haven't heard from them since. We'll see how long that lasts...

I shopped at Fowler (it was "Momentum" at the time), and the sales guy there was nice enough, but Jim Norton gave me a better deal.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't ask for this, but here it is, anyway. Toyota has gotten lower on the quality pole in recent years, although they're still in the ball game. Before you go for a new Tacoma, I suggest you spend a little time with a Colorado/Canyon. The only reason I didn't buy one earlier was because they were too proud of them last year. Spent some time checking them out and they're worth considering.

If you were near OKC, I'd suggest you talk to Red Lippert at Hudiburg. If he can't talk you into a Colorado, he can walk you over to the Toyota store. He'll take his commission any where he can get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom