AR platform 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my M&P out this past weekend and the feed ramp completely sheared off. This is the second issue I've experienced (see above). I've contacted S&W about the problem and I'm waiting on my warranty request. The rifle is out of warranty (I've had it a couple of years now) but I'm wondering if they will fix it for free? Does anyone have any experience with S&W on out of warranty issues?

I still have the broken part. It looks like MIM or "pot metal".

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had my M&P out this past weekend and the feed ramp completely sheared off. This is the second issue I've experienced (see above). I've contacted S&W about the problem and I'm waiting on my warranty request. The rifle is out of warranty (I've had it a couple of years now) but I'm wondering if they will fix it for free? Does anyone have any experience with S&W on out of warranty issues?

Never had a problem with a warranty issue with a S&W. Always been fast and covered shipping both ways. I am sure they will take care of you even tho your out of warranty. Pictures?

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with S&W. It is lifetime to original owner. I pointed out the 1 year in the owners manual and he said it would be lifetime. I am doing the online registration right now for my 15-22.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I hate to hear about your luck. I haven't had any issues with my 15-22 (knock on wood). It's ran like a top and I shoot federal, remington and CCI blazer through it. I hope S&W takes care of you.

OP, I really think the 15-22 is the way to go. It give a complete second rifle to hand to someone to shoot. And functions just like it's bigger brother. It's super fun to shoot and a great training tool.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess if mine quits running 100%, I had better check the feedramp. Smith wil send you a prepaid FedEx label, they are good regarding this. That way you are only out of your rifle and no $$$.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used Sig 522 almost a year ago for $370 out the door. It came with 2 Black dog 25 round mags; it came with no sights; I mounted a used Eotech 512 -- Its like cheating -- Red dot on target -- press trigger -- my Champion Black prairie dog spinner just keeps turning, I liked my orange spinner better.

It feeds everything -- Winchester, Remington, CCI, Federal, the folding stock I haven't used, but I like the collapsible stock, very similar to my Sig 556.

Latest posts

Top Bottom