Ar ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I'm looking at the S&W M&P 15 for around $600. I've also found a Del Ton for $670. However, if my budget went up to say $800 what is a good AR to look at?

5.56 btw, if that makes a difference.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have Fat Boy Tactical in Bixby build a rifle for you, or get the components from them and build it yourself. You will get a better rifle for the same cost as a factory rifle.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Delton, dpms, cmmg, windham, the list goes on. I saw a dpms oracle new in the box for $580. You'd be hard pressed to build a rifle for that. But I agree with building it. Get a cheap lower ( sooner state pawn is closer then fat boy, or I'd go with fat boy, his prices rock) and get the parts yourself.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last Palmetto State Armory I assembled for just under $700. I think I could even beat that if I was patient. They have sales pretty regularly.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

If you pick up a premium BCG, lower, and lower parts kit, you'll have a very nice rifle, for a very reasonable price.

FBT beats that price. Their upper comes with BCG and CH for only $370. Not only are they less expensive, they are local.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FBT beats that price. Their upper comes with BCG and CH for only $370. Not only are they less expensive, they are local.

I don't personally know what FBT uses to build their rifles nor do I have any experience with their uppers, so I really can't comment on that.

I do know that PSA uses a chrome lined 1-7 twist barrel. I shoot 77 grn bullets so the 1-7 twist barrel is a must. Their 'premium' BCG's feature a Carpenter 158 bolt that is MPI/HPT tested. The carrier is chrome lined and properly staked. You can get this combo for $429, a small price to pay for features that to me at least, are important. For the average AR owner, these may or may not matter. :thumbup3:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't personally know what FBT uses to build their rifles nor do I have any experience with their uppers, so I really can't comment on that.

I do know that PSA uses a chrome lined 1-7 twist barrel. I shoot 77 grn bullets so the 1-7 twist barrel is a must. Their 'premium' BCG's feature a Carpenter 158 bolt that is MPI/HPT tested. The carrier is chrome lined and properly staked. You can get this combo for $429, a small price to pay for features that to me at least, are important. For the average AR owner, these may or may not matter. :thumbup3:

Also, I believe PSA uses FN barrels. So they have that going for them as well. For a budget build with reasonable quality, it is hard to beat PSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom