Armadillo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I googled swimming armadillo ,,yes they swim!
I had a male pit bull..loved everyone he was fit and trim as all my dogs have been..I used him for hunting squirrel
Thing was though ..he could not swim...he was 76lbs and tall when standing on hind feet..so e would bounce through the ponds and rivers on his back feet.....If i held his tail up just a little he would swim fine..
Let go if his tail and his ass dropped to the bottom...All my other dogs swam great.

This male could hold his breath under water.
I had a 5 gallon bucket with minnows and water in it..he would put his head under water and watch them swim...
He did that with a turtle in the river..just watching it walk around under water....Then that mean old turtle bit his nose...
He cried out and booked it for the car....My female heard his crying and thought they were in trouble and she booked for the car...

I got them stopped before they got there and assured them that they were not in trouble...
Funny dogs...I always raised my dogs like children ...and they were all really smart...

Sucks when they die.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one I popped yesterday did not go end over end over end. It just opened up and displayed it innerds REAL nice sose dem buzzards could pick him clean real quick. Nothing like being over gunned for dillers. I can kill them and process them in one shot.

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
just find where the main trail is for them and set 2 non baited live traps back to back.. armadillos are pretty much blind. they will run right into it if you get it on the main trail. caught hundreds of em like this..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy at work had a dillo digging up his flowerbeds. One night as he turned into his drive and the headlights swung across the yard, (he does live in the country) he spots a dillo at the end of the flowerbed just on the edge of headlights. He stops and quickly goes in to retrieve his 10-22. Peering around the corner, the dillo hasn't moved an inch. He pops the critter, which bounces backwards and starts hissing. So he empties the mag. The dillo finally stops hissing and lay on the ground, not moving. He strolls in the house, smiling, telling his wife how the dillo is 'done in'. Next morning as he enjoys his coffee and morning paper, in walks his son crying and carrying his swiss cheesed football. (His story, just as he told us)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats good sh*t right there!
A guy at work had a dillo digging up his flowerbeds. One night as he turned into his drive and the headlights swung across the yard, (he does live in the country) he spots a dillo at the end of the flowerbed just on the edge of headlights. He stops and quickly goes in to retrieve his 10-22. Peering around the corner, the dillo hasn't moved an inch. He pops the critter, which bounces backwards and starts hissing. So he empties the mag. The dillo finally stops hissing and lay on the ground, not moving. He strolls in the house, smiling, telling his wife how the dillo is 'done in'. Next morning as he enjoys his coffee and morning paper, in walks his son crying and carrying his swiss cheesed football. (His story, just as he told us)

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen armadillos swim, so yes, they can swim. I have also watched them walk on the bottom of a creek bed in 3-4 feet of water...

If traps don't work though, call Mr. Ruger....
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Poor_20Armadillo_006_2.jpg

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_004_3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom