Armadillo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a friends house 2 days ago out in bfe...
he has a daughter and her friend and her catch these dillo's by hand...they chase them and tackle them like foot ball players..
I was like WWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTT
That sounds like a great time...never thought i would see or hear teen age girls doing this..
She told me they do not have any teeth so no worries...They would make pets out of some of them...

WOW!!!! just WOW!!!!
Her father is FFL and class 3 so she has some cool guns of her own..pretty cool.
So next dillo i see i am tackling that sucker....What fun.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a great time...never thought i would see or hear teen age girls doing this..
She told me they do not have any teeth so no worries...They would make pets out of some of them...

The girls don't have any teeth? No wonder they are out tackling armadillos. Armadillos do have teeth, a few anyway.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all are the biggest bunch of diller haters I have ever seen!
I don't like the dillers tearing up my hay field, but I don't hate them--I could've popped one in my front yard not long ago and let it go on about its business. My property is so heavily forested that my lawn is a mess no matter what I do; I'd just as soon have the diller eating the bugs. Possums and coons, on the other hand, are shown no mercy if they get that close to the house...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One time my buddies and I were going on our week long camping excursion before college started back up. He was pulling a small camper and I was pulling a boat and leading the way. It was already dark as we had worked that day before loading up to head out. There was an armadillo crossing the road and I believe I caught it with a rear truck tire, but without a doubt hit with a trailer tire. I didn't think much of it until my buddy asked what I ran over when we pulled into campground. I said I hit an armadillo, and he said part of it is still hanging from the boat. Lol Sure enough the was blood splatter, some guts and a small piece of shell on the bottom of the boat.

Later that night after some intoxicating beverages my buddy gave chase to an armadillo that was under the camp lights. He was making good ground until he found the cables they use to stop vehicle traffic. We were rotflmao!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of our big hay meadows on the river has quite a few dillers at all times on it. I'll play some 4 wheeler hockey with them every once in a while when feeling froggy. I've learned not to shoot them with a bow, more times than not they seem to take off with my arrow hangin out and disappear in a hole or run off before I can get out of the stand run them down. I kinda like the critters, but they sure are fun to mess with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom