Best 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that's weird if not newsworthy. These guys use these parts on their best work and don't feel they are particularly special. Interesting.

Nah... it's really not that big of a deal. Again, mountains from mole hills. I think their stance on it could be described more like Ford putting a special muffler in a new car that everybody sees as better... but the factory one works fine. Sure, put it on the high end vehicles, but it's not that big of a deal. Sure it's better... but it's not such a big deal though. I kinda agree with them though, there are so many other things to worry about.

I'd rather have a Rock Island with a well fit match barrel with MIM parts than a Rock Island with a drop in but it has forged parts.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think their stance on it could be described more like Ford putting a special muffler in a new car that everybody sees as better... but the factory one works fine. Sure, put it on the high end vehicles, but it's not that big of a deal.

are we working on cars or guns "you ding dong":tounge2:

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap man.... I'm sorry.

FWIW to Trax... I sold him that gun so I MUST be MIM unlucky. :rollingla

That's crazy man. Are all the Defender's MIM?

Thinking about it more though... I've never owned a Colt or any of the less expensive manufactures. Unfortunately, I have expensive taste.

Other than 1911's, I'm a wheel gunner.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah... it's really not that big of a deal. Again, mountains from mole hills. I think their stance on it could be described more like Ford putting a special muffler in a new car that everybody sees as better... but the factory one works fine. Sure, put it on the high end vehicles, but it's not that big of a deal. Sure it's better... but it's not such a big deal though. I kinda agree with them though, there are so many other things to worry about.

I dunno if that analogy translates IMHO but YMMV. :D
However, the strange thing is, if Tibbets or Phillips builds you a gun.... he NEVER uses a stock muffler so to speak. Kinda conflicting to me, because If I go on 1911forum right now and ask why a Supergrade or Elite is worth it, Wilson's rep will disagree or explain about the use of bulletproof parts etc Behind the scenes it seems they really don't hold them in high regard though?

Latest posts

Top Bottom