Best BBQ joint in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steve’s Rib was without a doubt the best. I can’t comment on the current selections.
Was.

Steve's used to be the best in the whole SW region.

They started to go downhill a few years ago and dropped off the cliff when they shut down the main restaurant

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let’s name them, the best bbq joints in the metro!

The original Jack’s BBQ
Steve’s Rib
Leo’s
Edge Craft
Clark Crew
Iron Star
Sooner Station

What are the others??

Leo’s is know for cake, Clark’s cornbread is much better than their 3 day old brisket.

Guess I forgot the demographics of old turds in here with worn out taste buds

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let’s name them, the best bbq joints in the metro!

The original Jack’s BBQ
Steve’s Rib
Leo’s
Edge Craft
Clark Crew
Iron Star
Sooner Station

What are the others??
Depends on how far you're willing to extend your definition of "metro," but Smokin' Joe's from Davis is getting ready to open a location on the south end of Main in Noble. The building is still being built, but their van sits in the lot, taunting me every time I drive by... As I've said before, I generally don't like ribs (too much work and mess for not nearly enough payoff), but I'll drive to Davis for Smokin' Joe's ribs.

I also like Rudy's (Chautauqua and OK 9) and Ray's (on west Lindsey) in Norman. I haven't been to Ray's in a few years, so I don't know if they're still open, but we had them cater a lot of events at work, and only the vegetarians were disappointed (but who cares about them anyway).

We used to have Rudy's cater a lot of events until they forgot to show up for a big event, then double-billed us for it... I still like their food, though. And I really like how they use their baked potatoes in their potato salad.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Leo’s is know for cake, Clark’s cornbread is much better than their 3 day old brisket.

We’re as good once as we ever were. Some young pups could use a little experience or at least that’s what their girlfriends say. 😜

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Simple fact is that everyone's taste are different. What is fantastic to one person is average to another. Frankly to me, if quality meat they are all pretty much the same. It comes down to the sauce. I like a little heat but it can not drown out the flavor. If it does I know they are trying to cover up something.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never had a bad rib at iron star and I’ve been there dozens of times over the last 5-6 years. Best BBQ to take the lady to for a date night with great atmosphere and good drinks, I’ve closed lots of business deals there as well during weekday lunches.

When I’m slumming it’s Texlahoma or Earls all the way.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple fact is that everyone's taste are different. What is fantastic to one person is average to another. Frankly to me, if quality meat they are all pretty much the same. It comes down to the sauce. I like a little heat but it can not drown out the flavor. If it does I know they are trying to cover up something.
Good BBQ doesn't NEED sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom