Best BBQ joint in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Had lunch at Swadleys on memorial yesterday. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with a pile of BBQ in front of me if it’s good or bad. But, the sliced brisket was gray and dry, the pulled pork was more like pulled fat. Everything else was ok though.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had lunch at Swadleys on memorial yesterday. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with a pile of BBQ in front of me if it’s good or bad. But, the sliced brisket was gray and dry, the pulled pork was more like pulled fat. Everything else was ok though.
Had the same experience with my burnt ends , fat cubes.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earls and Big O’s are. Depends on what you call Edmond these days. Anything north of 150th/33rd and East of Penn is Edmond mailing address these days. Used to be 7 miles between OKC and Edmond. Swadleys and Bandees are a mile south and have OKC mailing addresses.
City limits, not mailing address. I live in OKC with a Yukon mailing address.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No worries, same folks vote Cattlemen’s as a greatest steakhouse. Just have to realize the company and let us slide…

Cattlemen’s and Texlahoma are both equal in their respective food types (both average at best)

But hey, I don’t care if people think the $15 sandwich and side from Texlahoma is worth it - I think the place is generally dirty, overpriced and not very good YMMV.

They are 4.4⭐️ from their reviews (about average for BBQ) so seems like I’m in the majority.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cattlemen’s and Texlahoma are both equal in their respective food types (both average at best)

But hey, I don’t care if people think the $15 sandwich and side from Texlahoma is worth it - I think the place is generally dirty, overpriced and not very good YMMV.

They are 4.4⭐️ from their reviews (about average for BBQ) so seems like I’m in the majority.
Been a bit since I’ve been to Texlahoma, but you wanting crap chains over it tells me all I need to know. I’ve always gotten the large Turn in Plate with all their meats. My mileage varied greatly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom