Best BBQ joint in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Cattlemen’s and Texlahoma are both equal in their respective food types (both average at best)

But hey, I don’t care if people think the $15 sandwich and side from Texlahoma is worth it - I think the place is generally dirty, overpriced and not very good YMMV.

They are 4.4⭐️ from their reviews (about average for BBQ) so seems like I’m in the majority.
Rudy's rates 4 stars on yelp just like Texlahoma...and Rudy's is a chain, lol. If I remember, Texlahoma serves baked beans instead of real beans but I don't recall. Someone refresh my memory.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple fact is that everyone's taste are different. What is fantastic to one person is average to another. Frankly to me, if quality meat they are all pretty much the same. It comes down to the sauce. I like a little heat but it can not drown out the flavor. If it does I know they are trying to cover up something.
I used to deal with a sales rep out of KC who'd won the big BBQ contest in KC (the American Royal, I think). He said if your BBQ needs sauce, it's not good enough.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a bit since I’ve been to Texlahoma, but you wanting crap chains over it tells me all I need to know. I’ve always gotten the large Turn in Plate with all their meats. My mileage varied greatly

I don't "want" crap chains, but I'd take a crap chain over a crap non-chain...especially when a sandwich + side is $8.50 vs $15, lol

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to deal with a sales rep out of KC who'd won the big BBQ contest in KC (the American Royal, I think). He said if your BBQ needs sauce, it's not good enough.
He was right. If it needs sauce it is not good enough, but if it does not NEED it, but gains something extra, it is great BBQ. Sauce should not cover up bad BBQ, it should add to good BBQ.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was right. If it needs sauce it is not good enough, but if it does not NEED it, but gains something extra, it is great BBQ. Sauce should not cover up bad BBQ, it should add to good BBQ.

Agree. And many times I ate the old Steve's Ribs ribs w/o any sauce. They were excellent.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No mention of George’s Happy Hog?

Not Edmond but one of the good ones in Okc and if you are going to the VA you are right around the corner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom