Best Dang Hot Links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Results: the Braums link is a more traditional "red" hot link and the Mountain View link was more akin to a sausage type of link. The stand alone flavor of each is very good; in fact; quite delicious. TIE.

The Mountain View was slightly better when served on a lightly toasted bun with onions and peppers. It seemed to allow the flavors to meld slightly better than the Braums link. MOUTAIN VIEW.

When served with Yellow mustard, my particular favorite condiment for hot links, the Braums stood out. The spiciness of the Braums link paired better with the tang of the mustard a bit more so than the Mountain View. BRAUMS.

Result: TIE. The consumer must weigh what it is in a hot link they are seeking before selecting either of these top quality links. For a quick and tasty bite, I would recommend the Braums. The Mountain View link was better in a more "prepared" mode. I think the MV link would be exceptional in a nice Alfredo sauce over pasta with a dry white wine while the Braums might lend itself to an excellent meat product in place of the more traditional beef for Southwest style chili. Either way, the discerning sausage connoisseur cannot go wrong with one, or even BOTH of these products.

There is no loser here, the only loser in this scientifically objective research study is you, the neglectful consumer, if you settle for anything less in a quality hot link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pics......didnt happen. Do over.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Results: the Braums link is a more traditional "red" hot link and the Mountain View link was more akin to a sausage type of link. The stand alone flavor of each is very good; in fact; quite delicious. TIE.

The Mountain View was slightly better when served on a lightly toasted bun with onions and peppers. It seemed to allow the flavors to meld slightly better than the Braums link. MOUTAIN VIEW.

When served with Yellow mustard, my particular favorite condiment for hot links, the Braums stood out. The spiciness of the Braums link paired better with the tang of the mustard a bit more so than the Mountain View. BRAUMS.

Result: TIE. The consumer must weigh what it is in a hot link they are seeking before selecting either of these top quality links. For a quick and tasty bite, I would recommend the Braums. The Mountain View link was better in a more "prepared" mode. I think the MV link would be exceptional in a nice Alfredo sauce over pasta with a dry white wine while the Braums might lend itself to an excellent meat product in place of the more traditional beef for Southwest style chili. Either way, the discerning sausage connoisseur cannot go wrong with one, or even BOTH of these products.

There is no loser here, the only loser in this scientifically objective research study is you, the neglectful consumer, if you settle for anything less in a quality hot link.

I will have to do this with my Braums links and Cossy links

It will be interesting to see if you come to a similar conclusion.

I expected a comprehensive comparison of all three brands.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406322879.295533.jpg

No pics......didnt happen. Do over.

Also, this.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went to Braum's and got a pack to try.

Early results of the Braum's as compared to my previous go-to hot link, the Earl Campbell.

First impressions:

From seeing them in the package, I expected Braum's "Hot Links" to be more of a "Red Hot" than a hot link. Earl Campbell has both - hot links and red hots. The casing is very red, the texture seemed a little more spongy than the EC hot links when still in package.

Taste test - Braum's hot links do have a very good flavor. Heat was slightly greater than Earl Campbell's, though still quite pleasing and not overpowering. I hate when the heat overpowers the flavor. Not a good thing.

Texture - This could be construed as a tossup... the Braum's hot links are a good bit softer than the EC, more like a traditional red hot than a hot link. The EC is much more "sausage-like" in terms of firmness, heterogeneity, etc. More like a bratwurst than a hotdog, IOW. The Braum's is more on the red hot/hotdog side of the texture spectrum, more homogenous. The skin is softer than I expected and more easily broken in a simple bite.

A tossup? I dunno... both very good, but not exactly the same kind of thing. If you're looking for more of a "sausage-type" hot link with more chewability, then EC is for you. Braum's is simpler - softer for you old guys with poor teeth, slightly hotter, though the difference is noticeable, it is not huge.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Longhorn: bleh
EC: yum
Braums: had two
MV: had two

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Hope everything comes out alright. Another factor in Braum's favor is that you can get some ice cream for the azz burn you just might experience afterwards.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
On second eval after having a couple more of the Braum's variety, I'm going to have to knock a point or so on the skin. The sausage itself is softer than the EC's I'm familiar with, and while chewing, the bulk breaks down well before the skin, leaving me feeling like I'm chewing something I don't want to think about for a few moments.

So... sorry, Braum's. Good flavor, good heat - points off for texture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom