Best Dang Hot Links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody will ever win this fight. The flavor of it is good. The heat is right. Somewhere between a mountain view mild and hot. Not too hot by no means. Whomever said it was hotter than a mountain view was comparring it to a mild for sure. Any favoritism is based on texture. The braums are just like all the other red wrapped hot link as far as texture goes. The mountain views are more akin to a sausage I guess. Both very good but I would still take a MV over the braums any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

All and all it was a good link. I will keep a pack in the freezer. They will do in a pinch.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody will ever win this fight. The flavor of it is good. The heat is right. Somewhere between a mountain view mild and hot. Not too hot by no means. Whomever said it was hotter than a mountain view was comparring it to a mild for sure. Any favoritism is based on texture. The braums are just like all the other red wrapped hot link as far as texture goes. The mountain views are more akin to a sausage I guess. Both very good but I would still take a MV over the braums any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

All and all it was a good link. I will keep a pack in the freezer. They will do in a pinch.

Thats a good enough critique for me, will be looking for some tomorrow for the weekend.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am conducting my own test at this time on the two. MY report and analysis to be published upon the conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And to clarify, I will prepare each link by both grilling and by slicing and pan frying. Each will be tested in 3 separate ways:
1. Stand alone.
2. On toasted bun with caramelized onions and peppers.
3. Served alone, with yellow mustard.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Results: the Braums link is a more traditional "red" hot link and the Mountain View link was more akin to a sausage type of link. The stand alone flavor of each is very good; in fact; quite delicious. TIE.

The Mountain View was slightly better when served on a lightly toasted bun with onions and peppers. It seemed to allow the flavors to meld slightly better than the Braums link. MOUTAIN VIEW.

When served with Yellow mustard, my particular favorite condiment for hot links, the Braums stood out. The spiciness of the Braums link paired better with the tang of the mustard a bit more so than the Mountain View. BRAUMS.

Result: TIE. The consumer must weigh what it is in a hot link they are seeking before selecting either of these top quality links. For a quick and tasty bite, I would recommend the Braums. The Mountain View link was better in a more "prepared" mode. I think the MV link would be exceptional in a nice Alfredo sauce over pasta with a dry white wine while the Braums might lend itself to an excellent meat product in place of the more traditional beef for Southwest style chili. Either way, the discerning sausage connoisseur cannot go wrong with one, or even BOTH of these products.

There is no loser here, the only loser in this scientifically objective research study is you, the neglectful consumer, if you settle for anything less in a quality hot link.

Latest posts

Top Bottom