Big bucks of 2009.....Post em up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my buddy works at the Perry fire department check in station and this one was checked in by some lucky hunter this morning.......i will get more info from him later......

That deer was too young to be shot I woulda let him have another year....:laugh6: Yeah right I would shot him 2 or 3 times just to make sure he didn't get up. That sucker is awesome!

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
these are of a buck my buddy shot down near sulfur, weighed in at 120 pounds, 15 pointer. he is the luckiest person i know. said he was asleep against a tree for about 10 minutes or so, woke up and this is what was standing in front of him. said he was less than 50 yards, shot him with a 7MM mauser, and dropped right where he stood. he said that he did not even remember aiming at him.

ai121.photobucket.com_albums_o228_owu1bag5_logansdeer20091.jpg

ai121.photobucket.com_albums_o228_owu1bag5_logansdeer20092.jpg

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad shot this one on public land last Sunday morning. It field dressed 138 lbs. and had 12 points (each side has a kicker in the back near where his hands are) I tagged a doe the same morning. Easily one of my favorite hunts with my Dad.

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii62_sdsknifeworks_097.jpg

SDS

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad shot this one on public land last Sunday morning. It field dressed 138 lbs. and had 12 points (each side has a kicker in the back near where his hands are) I tagged a doe the same morning. Easily one of my favorite hunts with my Dad.

ai261.photobucket.com_albums_ii62_sdsknifeworks_097.jpg

SDS

Holy crap, that is a nice public land buck....CONGRATS..

Tacticalii

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy walked out of the trees at 7:03 Monday morning. He stepped out of the trees about 50 yards out with his nose in the air. He walked a few steps away from me, then turned back broadside to step back into the trees. He dressed out at 160 lbs. I know it's not a monster, but I'm proud of him and getting him mounted. I've had cameras up for a few months now and I'd never seen him on any of them.

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc294_tacticalii_344a5a42.jpg

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc294_tacticalii_bedd0407.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, I guess I'll have to find a new buck to look for this weekend....my dad shot this guy this morning.

He was not nearly as thick as I thought he was in the trail cam pic, he appeared to have alot more mass than he actually did. I guess because the picture was so close. But it is definitely the same buck, the damaged G3 tip, the character mark on the main beam.

He searched for 2 hours for this buck today. I went up and helped him and we searched for over an hour more, we found hair, but no blood. We started grid searching this thick area with no luck. Several times we thought we could smell the musty smell of a deer. Sure enough we did. We were heading back to start over again when my dad nearly tripped over him, lying dead behind a deadfall not 50 yards from the shot spot. Not a drop of blood was spilled. Deer was shot directly through the heart with a 30-30, heart stopped = no blood trail. Lungs were missed, just the front of the heart.
We had walked withing 10 yards of the buck several times without seeing him. Talk about thick brush.
We were pretty excited to find him after over 3 hours of searching with NO blood.

He's nothing special rack wise, but any 3.5 year old or older buck is a trophy to us with the amount and type (brown it's down, spray and pray guys) of hunting pressure we have on surrounding lands.

BTW he was shot roughly 3/4 of a mile from where the pic was taken 9 days ago.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_011_1.jpg

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy walked out of the trees at 7:03 Monday morning. He stepped out of the trees about 50 yards out with his nose in the air. He walked a few steps away from me, then turned back broadside to step back into the trees. He dressed out at 160 lbs. I know it's not a monster, but I'm proud of him and getting him mounted. I've had cameras up for a few months now and I'd never seen him on any of them.

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc294_tacticalii_344a5a42.jpg

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc294_tacticalii_bedd0407.jpg

Monster in my books ALL DAY LONG. That is a beautiful buck. Congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom