Big bucks of 2009.....Post em up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a big one shot with archery over by Muskogee this morning. The rackulator says 180" but seems kind of high to me.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_MCAAPHunt2009016.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy cow that is a huge 8! Whats the story on that guy?

Me? If I can tag this guy I'll be one happpy dude. I hunt Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday (Today) and he shows up on camera walking about at 4:00 (times wrong) in the afternoon yesterday. I swear these bucks play the game on an entirely different level.

He is a really nice buck for the place I hunt, mature and prety good mass at the bases, at least 3.5 maybe 4.5. Looks like he is getting skinny from not eating during the rut. I'll be out hard the rest of the week trying to see him.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_025_2.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_026_1.jpg

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hangemhorns...how is it that you are familiar with my hunt?

LOL!!! just about everyone around these parts knows about the Crow. I grew up hunting and fishing with little dav out there. We done alot of camping right were you killed that thing. His mom would bring us egg & cheese samiches of the mornings. :spaghetti: Good people they are. Its about everyones dream around here to hunt it. I was getting pic text of your deer on the 1st of this month.

Hangemhorns

New to the site!
Reaction score
Born... i was born and raised in Fairfax, ok and i also have heard lots of stories from Crows Bottom...But actually my brother told me about it and sent me a pic of on phone....I read the story...that is amazing and u are very fortunate to have had a farmer contact u....

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a big one shot with archery over by Muskogee this morning. The rackulator says 180" but seems kind of high to me.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_MCAAPHunt2009016.jpg

This buck was shot by a guy named Art Brown from Muskogee. He shot it west of town near Taft. He had never seen the deer before but had found its sheds last year. He was hunting that morning and saw the deer chasing a doe across the field from him and was filming them when the doe turned and ran straight to him. He put the camera on wide angle and got the shot on film at 15 yards and watched the deer fall in front of him. My brother says it is much more impressive than the pic shows and that there are a lot of trash points on it that add to the gross score.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^^

Kelly Bostian (World sports writer) posted up a link to his blog this morning on another thread here I just found. It has the story about that buck. Seems it is a Cherokee County buck. I'm guessing one of the largest to ever be recorded in the county.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=37

It is an absolute beast, especially for a main frame 8.

I've hunted that part of the state for a long time, and there are some huge bucks out that come out of there every once in a while, but it is very rare to see one that big. It's weird how the vast majority of bucks will only grow mediocre antlers regardless of age in a certain area, then you get an absloute freak of nature sometimes.

I saw one in the back of a pickup at a check station in this area on opening day of rifle 6-7 years ago that was one of the largest bucks I have ever seen in person. Huge non-typical. I guarantee you the "ole boy" that shot it never entered in the books.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lee Enfield got bloodied today.... shot off hand as he hooked behind my hiding spot. Hit a bit high and shattered the spine for an instant death/drop. Bad shot for a good kill.
Happy me:
ai49.tinypic.com_2i29ap.jpg

The rack:
ai48.tinypic.com_1255anl.jpg

The gun rack:
ai49.tinypic.com_2e5i421.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom