Big bucks of 2009.....Post em up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logo10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks man she was all down, she wanted to get it mounted because it meant so much to her and i told her we just couldnt do it right now. Well she went out with her sister later that day and I took it to my buddy thats a taxi in mangum. she's gonna be really surprised come spring

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in the barn that has 20 foot legs. My dad and I built it in 1999 I believe. Hunted out of it for 8 years until that farm sold. It has been in the barn since 2007. It was in the contract that I could come and get it after the sale for certain amount of time. We had to drive across about 350 yards of wheat ground and we were going to wait till after harvest, and then before the next planting. Well it was a wet year. We got everything ready to go get it, (pretty big task to lower it to the ground) and I stopped off to make sure it was ok if we went in to get it. This was about the end of August or 1st part of September. He hadn't sowed yet, just worked the ground once. He said nope you can't go get it. I asked if there would be a better time and he said never. I reminded him of the contract and told him that it would be today before wheat was drilled, or I would go to legal means to get it and if that took 2 or 3 weeks so be it, whether he had wheat drilled or not. I turned and walked back to the truck and he came out as I was leaving and flagged me down. If you can get it today, that would be fine. I thanked him and we went and retrieved it.
Here it is on a 14 foot trailer for a 1 mile trip to the barn.
Man! that was a short trailer to haul it on. Glad you got it out. My buddy built this one and put it up. He has another one on some private ground by Kaw Lake, that is 30' to the floor. He likes to weld.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of Kay County bucks, I got this one a couple miles southwest of Braman (I-35, 6 or 7 miles south of KS line) on the Chickaskia River. 11 point, 188 lbs field dressed. Last night of muzzleloader, 11-1-09, 5:30 pm.

My cousin got a Kay County buck, between Braman and Newkirk, opening muzzleloader weekend that weighed 215. The check station said there has been a higher than usual amount of 200+ pounders so far this year.
Nice buck! that looks like another main beam coming out on the left side? I used to hunt that area, and killed a 238 lb buck with a bow, but he had a dissapointing 7 point rack that looked like it should have been on a 1 1/2 yr old.

The 200+ pounders are falling like rain this year with all the wet weather and the browse being so good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's my wifes first deer ever!
ai29.photobucket.com_albums_c277_GT10_deer4.jpg

Wow, she is going to have a hard time topping that. I just wish my wife would hunt with me. Your a lucky man.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice deer pics. Logo10 your wife shot a nice buck. Nice buck $$$$$$!

Dennishoddy as far as the trailer goes. We just had to take it a mile on a county road to the barn. We installed the legs on location when we set it up and I suppose if I set it up somewhere else it might require disassembling for transport.

logo10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was really awesome being there, she's never shot a deer before and she shot him and he jumped up and my buddy and i heard the thump and she started cussing, "I missed him %%%%% %%%%% %%%%%" and we told her she hit him, she didn't believe it til she saw him on the ground then it was grins from ear to ear, as you can see. Now she's hooked!! I bought her a model 7 youth .243 with a nikon monarch scope just in time for rifle.

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice buck! that looks like another main beam coming out on the left side? I used to hunt that area, and killed a 238 lb buck with a bow, but he had a dissapointing 7 point rack that looked like it should have been on a 1 1/2 yr old.

The 200+ pounders are falling like rain this year with all the wet weather and the browse being so good.

Ya he has two main beams coming out the left side. He also has a kicker on the back of the G3 on the left side that you can't see in the picture. It feels good to have a wall hanger this early in the hunting season.

Thanks for the compliments everyone and congratulations to everyone that has posted pictures of their success.

Latest posts

Top Bottom