Big bucks of 2009.....Post em up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking a really well fed mature animal

Im not sure witch deer it is. They both were at the feeder all night, along with 2 more. I think its the one thats thinking about breaking into my feeder. He has a very low sagging back. My cam may be giving a obstical illusion??? It may be neither one. Both have a dissapointing rack.

[Broken External Image]
ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_SUNP0012_1.jpg

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_SUNP0024.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That pot belly and sagging back are the sign of a very mature deer. It may actually be on the decline for antler growth. I'm betting he has seen 6+ hunting seasons

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its 18 feet to the floor.

I have one in the barn that has 20 foot legs. My dad and I built it in 1999 I believe. Hunted out of it for 8 years until that farm sold. It has been in the barn since 2007. It was in the contract that I could come and get it after the sale for certain amount of time. We had to drive across about 350 yards of wheat ground and we were going to wait till after harvest, and then before the next planting. Well it was a wet year. We got everything ready to go get it, (pretty big task to lower it to the ground) and I stopped off to make sure it was ok if we went in to get it. This was about the end of August or 1st part of September. He hadn't sowed yet, just worked the ground once. He said nope you can't go get it. I asked if there would be a better time and he said never. I reminded him of the contract and told him that it would be today before wheat was drilled, or I would go to legal means to get it and if that took 2 or 3 weeks so be it, whether he had wheat drilled or not. I turned and walked back to the truck and he came out as I was leaving and flagged me down. If you can get it today, that would be fine. I thanked him and we went and retrieved it.
Here it is on a 14 foot trailer for a 1 mile trip to the barn.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC00076.jpg

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of Kay County bucks, I got this one a couple miles southwest of Braman (I-35, 6 or 7 miles south of KS line) on the Chickaskia River. 11 point, 188 lbs field dressed. Last night of muzzleloader, 11-1-09, 5:30 pm.

He was following three does pretty closely in the trees behind my treestand. I didn't have a shot at the time when I first saw them all. The does then split up and at first it looked as if he was going to follow the one that went out of sight behind me. It made me sick for a few seconds that I wouldn't get a shot. Then all of the sudden, he stopped and bent down and sniffed around at the ground, and decided to follow the doe that went right in front of me. He walked to within ten yards of me looking in my direction most the time making it hard to get the gun shouldered, and for a few seconds he even stared right in my eyes. When he walked behind a tree I got the gun ready and then when he was clear for a shot I "maaaaahd" to stop him. Point blank, 10 yard shot. He ran about 30 yards and dropped. My biggest buck so far, and I'm getting him mounted.

My cousin got a Kay County buck, between Braman and Newkirk, opening muzzleloader weekend that weighed 215. The check station said there has been a higher than usual amount of 200+ pounders so far this year.

Attachments

• Oct-Nov 2009 jeff deer 302-2.jpg
    Oct-Nov 2009 jeff deer 302-2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 338

aturp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a few we have got on the camera's so far this year.We call the deer in the third picture Goat deer.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
ai445.photobucket.com_albums_qq173_aturp_photos_MDGC0131.jpg

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
kansas deer. nice first buck. i think the second one is old. check out his neck. his genes are going downhill.

Attachments

• tn-2.jpg
    tn-2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 194
  • tn-1.jpg
    tn-1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 292
  • tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 175

Latest posts

Top Bottom