Boring Marriage - Looking for suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thing you were just killing time. That guy is what i like to call a boy, not man. Relationships require this little thing called compramise. lol. Not only that, but if you like someone, or love, you should be interested in doing what they like to do. :comfort:

Yep. He was the only guy I ever dated who was older than me. :uhwhat: Yeah ...

I never was the type of girl who wanted to spend the time to develop a relationship. So I was good for about 8 to 12 months and then it was time to move on.

Still trying to figure out how I wound up married to a JBT ... :shocked::spitlaugh

Maintaining a relationship is hard work, regardless of whether you are the gal or the guy. And when you are young like these two it is even harder, I think.

I gotta give these two kids (Perrone and his girl) props for trying. Lots of kids their ages would just give up. I'm praying for them. And if you aren't into that, crossing your fingers wouldn't hurt.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would be much easier if she had any friends. We moved down here in Jan and she has no job and really doesn't leave the house much unless it's with me. She's been trying to find friends and make friends with some neighbors, but it just never works out. That's part of her problem is that she has no friends.

We had a nice long talk last night without anyone getting mad or loud. There are some obvious issues we both need to work on, but I know we can do it. Oh and she turned 21 today :D

Happy Birthday to her!!!

I am glad to hear you guys talked. Hope things work out for ya'll.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post-partum Depression?
Underlying health issue? When was the last time she had a physical with bloodwork, including hormone levels?
What's her relationship with her dad like?
Those kind of questions come to mind.
She sounds very isolated. How far did you move and did she have friends/family there? You might want to "fix" her issues and whatever is wrong, but most likely you can't. I tried to "fix" my wife for a few years. She finally told me I can't.
She is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, so she deals with depression/ptsd/insomnia and OCD.
I'm not saying she has any of those issues, but you may need to put your health plan to good use to get her some help. Don't try to do this on your own.
I have experienced the feelings you describe and still do at times. If you let the anger and resentment fester, divorce is likely and that will hurt your kid and they will never be the same. You might want to give her zero affection of any kind since she doesn't want to give you the affection that all men need, but that just goes in a circle real fast and goes nowhere, like a NASCAR race.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never was the type of girl who wanted to spend the time to develop a relationship. So I was good for about 8 to 12 months and then it was time to move on.

Still trying to figure out how I wound up married to a JBT ... :shocked::spitlaugh

Wow! That is odd. I need some schooling tho....what is a JBT? I'm assuming a LEO.:scratch:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! That is odd. I need some schooling tho....what is a JBT? I'm assuming a LEO.:scratch:

Yep, he's an OHP Trooper. **sigh** :kiss:

Jack Booted Thug ... From Urban Dictionary:

Jack booted is a derogatory term used to describe an overly oppressive and authoritarian individual or group, often denotes violent tendencies. Thugs, thus described, are those in the service of an oppressive authoritarian, usually employing violence to achieve his/her/their master's goals.

Used in a sentence: Jack booted thugs stormed in, broke my furniture, kicked my dog, and took my still.

Police9901

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ah, gotta love them cops, right? lol

perrone, hope you guys can work it out brother. this is exactely how my marriage went down the drain several years ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya'll. you can do it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom