Boring Marriage - Looking for suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ask her everything from where do you want to eat, what do you want for dinner, what do you want to do this weekend...always "whatever you want".

try a different approach, like others said, take the lead on these things. she will get with the program and soon be offering suggestions too. you just have to get her started, i'll guarantee after you start coming up with a few things she will then too.

"say honey, why don't we prepare a picnic dinner and going to the park this saturday evening? we can enjoy our dinner, then pack up our picnic, let's take some chairs and a blanket and watch the sun go down and watch the stars until it gets to chilly?"

this gets the two (three) of you together actively for many hours. bake some cookies, fry up some chicken, make a salad, chill some fruit, pack it up and there you go. you spent several hours together getting your dinner ready, off to a nice park to enjoy your efforts and relax.

best of luck to you and let us know that you are finding interesting activities for your family!!!

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will take a little bit different slant on this. I agree with everyone else that you all need to talk and communicate and all of that. I would suggest calling up some of her friends/family and planning a "girls night out". I see a lot of newly married couples that feel they have to spend every waking minute together or something is wrong..."What she wants to go out with his/her friends instead of me? She doesn't love me anymore." I have seen it once I have seen it a million times.

How about YOU keep the kid one night and let her go do something WITHOUT you. It is healthy and ok for two married people to spend time apart have friends and events that do not involve the significant other. It might make you both realize the time spent together is all that much more important.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will take a little bit different slant on this. I agree with everyone else that you all need to talk and communicate and all of that. I would suggest calling up some of her friends/family and planning a "girls night out". I see a lot of newly married couples that feel they have to spend every waking minute together or something is wrong..."What she wants to go out with his/her friends instead of me? She doesn't love me anymore." I have seen it once I have seen it a million times.

How about YOU keep the kid one night and let her go do something WITHOUT you. It is healthy and ok for two married people to spend time apart have friends and events that do not involve the significant other. It might make you both realize the time spent together is all that much more important.

This.

When we were dating and living together, we also worked at the same place (same shift much of that time), so we were around each other literally 24/7.

For the last couple of years, I have taken a week vacation to go fishing with my dad. And when I've gotten back home, we are reminded of how we are truly dependent on one another.

Her job hasn't allowed her to take her vacation time since they've been so busy (oilfield), but this winter she's going on a Caribbean cruise with the girls. At first, she thought that I had to come or it wouldn't be "fair". I told her that I didn't care that it was a cruise, she needed a vacation and she needed some girl time. I've had my man time with Dad the last couple of years.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just try to think back to when you first met and how bright everything was ..... try to recreate that .... go to where you met the first time, where you kissed the first time, where you ........ Uh, better let Bunny take over here .,... :)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just try to think back to when you first met and how bright everything was ..... try to recreate that .... go to where you met the first time, where you kissed the first time, where you ........ Uh, better let Bunny take over here .,... :)

On that note, everyone does realize it is good luck to christen every room in the house, right?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LOL ... I have this talk with GC every once in a while. I adore him but he is a typical guy ... You guys know what I am talking about ...

What is it about a little "playful tension" that you guys have such a hard time with?? :slap::rotflmao:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... I have this talk with GC every once in a while. I adore him but he is a typical guy ... You guys know what I am talking about ...

What is it about a little "playful tension" that you guys have such a hard time with?? :slap::rotflmao:

A little "Slap and Tickle" ???? ..... :D

Does GC's baton have little leather frilly things on it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom