Boring Marriage - Looking for suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez,sounds like my house with the wife and kids at times. I could ask anything- "What do you want to eat?""What movie do you want to go see?""Where do you want to go on vacation?",etc,etc,etc...- and its "I dont know",'I dont care","Whatever",etcetc. Fine,F it,I just do whatever I want then and take some control of things and then I gaurentee I will get some opinions when its something they dont like. Works every time for me.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, that is really pretty! Where is that, and do they have campsites?

Its in Johnston County. Between Milburn and Tishomingo. They have around 75 campsites in all. No hookups though. If you have a state hunting or fishing license you can camp for free. If not you'll need to purchase a pass. The place is very clean and the park rangers are very helpful and friendly. Come November 1st, it'll be trout season there. Also, theres some walk-in areas off state highway 7.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mt. Scott that was suggested is a beautiful place. If you take the turn pike It is only a little over an hour. You could also visit the famous Mears burger place. Now I am thinking I will go there this weekend. You will not be disappointed.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
perrone wish you were closer we would take the kiddo off your hands for awhile and let you and the misses have a little alone time together.hope evrything works out.we've been married 22 years and no kids. we have been where you are now. it will work out just take it easy. as for a place to get away try your local tourism center they usually have pamplets for cheap acttivities to do in an evening or on the weekend.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live around OKC the Lexington Public Hunting Area is pretty close and they have lots of roads and some pretty good fishing ponds to prowl around. There used to be a hiking trail near the entrance.

Cedar Creek

rg1964

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than outdooors stuff...me and the wifey love going to the Thunder games. Season starts this month and tickets start out at 10 bucks. Those tickets go quick and are on sale now. Our team is badass and exciting to watch

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this weekend the wife and i are going to the marching band contest in cleveland. it's pioneer day there, parade, arts and craft vendors, etc. just small town stuff. check out the small towns near you for their "festivals". http://www.travelok.com/festivals-and-events?CMP=KNC-Google10_Event wife and i also like picnicing, fix it all ourselves, this is a great time of year to go to one of the smaller quieter parks and just sit back and enjoy. best of luck to you, hang in there, there is many inexpensive fun things to do but it takes a little effort on the internet to find them. we have found things we enjoyed and things we didn't but we are doing them together and thus we have something different to talk about till the next event we find.

Plaza District Festival - Oct 09, 2010
Meeker Pecan Festival - Oct 15, 2010 to Oct 16, 2010
Sorghum Festival - Oct 23, 2010

Latest posts

Top Bottom