Boring Marriage - Looking for suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the best money we never had to spend (it's free) was going to "Forever. For Real" put on by the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative, done by the Taylors. It will make a difference, for two willing parties.

Oh look, there is one on the 9th!

http://www.foreverforreal.com/SearchDetails.aspx?EventId=7051

I know it says "especially for engaged couples," but go anyway. Might help with communication, and opening up for both of you. We can't tell enough people how much it helped us. We have been to two different ones.

Did I mention it's free? Just the price of gas, and a sitter. Quit looking at this, and make a reservation!!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been married for 32 years to the same woman.
I tell everyone it's the only thing I ever did right the first time.

We didn't make it 32 years without us both working at it.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well then it may take some butt kissing. You really need to find out if she wants to make it work. If she ain't into it, there's nothing you can do. That communication thing.

I try to find out what she's into...her response every time is "what ever you want to do" so I keep asking until she starts getting annoyed...We rarely ever do what she wants because she won't tell me what she wants. Any ideas on how I could trick her into telling me :D

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I try to find out what she's into...her response every time is "what ever you want to do" so I keep asking until she starts getting annoyed...We rarely ever do what she wants because she won't tell me what she wants. Any ideas on how I could trick her into telling me :D

She doesn't know 'til you tell her what to do. She's basically telling you to man up and lead the way so take charge. She will follow. It's what most women want anyways.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She doesn't know 'til you tell her what to do. She's basically telling you to man up and lead the way so take charge. She will follow. It's what most women want anyways.

But I hate it. I don't want to tell her what to do all the time it just seems to be the only way to get her to do anything. If i shut my mouth she sits in one place all day long.

okgirl

Marksman
Reaction score

Maybe it's the way you're asking her, sometimes it's all in how you approach a situation & when. How have you been asking? Don't forget that men and women can get to different things out of the same sentence. I never realized how different it was until I read this book. For example if I told Tcox I had nothing to wear he would automatically think nothing is clean but what I mean is I just can't pick out something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom