How much to live on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We had a woman that did that in my town. She just came into town and went on a spending spree, writing checks to businesses all over town. She even wrote the amounts and the business name in her check register. When she ran out of money, she just added an imaginary sum to the register and kept writing checks.

After three days, the checks started bouncing and instead of leaving town she had made friends with some of the people and stayed in town. I finally caught up to her when she was reported inside Ace Hardware where several bounced checks had hit.

It worked a few days for her but she received 10 years for her effort.

Oh there's no consequences in my plan, just spend lol.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have no problem with programs designed to help those in need...as long as those getting it are trying to help themselves or are physically or mentally unable to. Many people legitimately need help. Too many are just lazy and/or game the system. There should be strict means testing for these programs. If there's nothing wrong with you then you need to get a job. There are plenty of jobs out there.

I have a friend who's workman's comp fraud/private investigator. He could work 24/7 for the next 500y and never scratch the surface he said.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SS benefit has NOT kept up. Goobermint controlled, SURPRISE.

4years aga, making $22 / hr, a family could live fairly well. Thanks to Pedo Joe, it takes double that to be equivalent and raising minimum wage doesn't bring anyone up, it brings EVERYONE down.

$91 for dinner for 8 at a sit down restaurant, sounds extremely reasonable.

Church group planned a dinner at Outback, last night. We have been to Outback ONCE, about 25 years ago.
Our dinner for 2 was $51, drink water, no appetizer, no dessert, no tip. I don't figure we will go again. Meal was good, but not THAT good. Service was terrible.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who's workman's comp fraud/private investigator. He could work 24/7 for the next 500y and never scratch the surface he said.

The tire plant has 9 FULL TIME investigators.

A friend at the Ardmore plant said, "at one time, they had 12. Due to staff reductions from closing a large portion of the plant, they are down to 8.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming one has saved, if you haven't get a good financial advisor and plan before. Find out how much you are spending now. 20 and 30 somethings writing news stories rarely get things right. How much does one need to be comfortable in retirement is very subjective. How much travel do you want to do, how often will you be upgrading vehicles, do you want to leave $ to your kids, what if you or a spouse needs nursing care? Financial news is horrible and rarely thinks of these things.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess Mrs GED and I are poverty stricken. I make around $30K and she makes about $40K. :cry3:

Ok Rockefeller, I make about 23k. I live alone, rent is cheap and have minimal bills. I stopped caring about making more money years ago and decided to take it easy.

Attachments

• Jng38Nh.png
    Jng38Nh.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom