Browning Buckmark thoughts.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I can find wrong with a Buckmark is that I don't own one yet. :)
I friend bought a pro target at a show last year and it is one nice shooting plinker. Definitely on my short list of things to buy.
Oh so many things to buy and so little money.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buckmark vs Walter P22?

There is no comparison. Its like trying to compare a Corvette with a Yugo. The Walther is a POS in my opinion. I had one... shot it for 5 minutes then tossed it in the safe until I gave it to my mom for her to play with. She tossed it in their safe and bought a Beretta Bobcat. She hates the Walther and so do I.

To me there is only 3 kinds of semi-auto .22 pistols out there, in the following order...

1. Browning Buckmark
2. Ruger Mark II/III
3. Everything else.

Somewhere around 967th is the Walther P22.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no comparison. Its like trying to compare a Corvette with a Yugo. The Walther is a POS in my opinion. I had one... shot it for 5 minutes then tossed it in the safe until I gave it to my mom for her to play with. She tossed it in their safe and bought a Beretta Bobcat. She hates the Walther and so do I.

To me there is only 3 kinds of semi-auto .22 pistols out there, in the following order...

1. Browning Buckmark
2. Ruger Mark II/III
3. Everything else.

Somewhere around 967th is the Walther P22.

I agree except if price is not a factor. If you don't care about spending a grand then check out the S&W Model 41. For the money those two can't be beat.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree except if price is not a factor. If you don't care about spending a grand then check out the S&W Model 41. For the money those two can't be beat.

Sorry, JB, I should have added at a reasonable price, those would have been my choices. I never include the high-end dedicated target models because most of us will never shoot them. Although, I would love to have a Colt Woodsman.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, JB, I should have added at a reasonable price, those would have been my choices. I never include the high-end dedicated target models because most of us will never shoot them. Although, I would love to have a Colt Woodsman.

The colt and S&W are on my wish list. Maybe someday.

zzz333

Marksman
Reaction score
Basic buckmark slabsided four inch barrel. Great little pistol. Nearly the same dimensions as the 1911, the safety and buttons are laid out the same and it is very point able. I throw clay pidgeons in the air and hit at least 8 out of 10. Love that little pistol. The ruger hunter just doesn't point right. Grip is too steep. IMHO.

dmac1647

Marksman
Reaction score
I got it off of gunbroker. They were about $100 cheaper than the big show in Tulsa. If I remember correctly it was $410 shipped.

I am going to try to get some pics of it with a suppressor this weekend.
Hopefully it will be a better pic than this one.
ai485.photobucket.com_albums_rr214_jbarnett77_DSC03257.jpg

I really want one of these.

:naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom