Bud's Gun Shop - Never again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...I found out why they sell their guns so cheap. It's because their customer service absolutely sucks! :pissed:

I've heard this a million times.

It's the last time they get a cotton-pickin' dime of my money! :explode:

And this a million times also.

It's a shame customer service doesn't always come first.
I've heard from a lot of folks that Bud's fixed thier problem.
That is good, but it would be better if there wasn't a problem to start with.

Not much new out there that interests me, so I shoot what I've got.

Me three.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could spend your money with www.summitgunbroker.com and get your 2nd Gen 22 or 23 for the same money, gotten fast shipping, good CS, and he's only a one horse show! Mark will do you right!!

FWIW, Mark is a helluva guy and I've bought a ton of stuff from him, but he's not speedy NOR is he easy to get ahold of..... because he's only one man. I dunno if GED would have the patience for him either.

chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've probably placed 4 or 5 orders with Bud's and all have been great experiences. I always pay by credit card and every time they have been shipped by the next day and received at OPS or my house (accessories) within 4 days.
Did you have to call OPS first, or just after you ordered the firearm? I've used them for transfers before and they're hard to get a hold of sometimes.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, Mark is a helluva guy and I've bought a ton of stuff from him, but he's not speedy NOR is he easy to get ahold of..... because he's only one man. I dunno if GED would have the patience for him either.

I've bought from Mark a few times...three or four. The thing I like about him, is if I send in a department letterhead, he sends me my gun directly to the PD instead of me having to do the whole FFL bit. :woohoo1:

UPDATE:

Well, I reckon I bitched good and loud yesterday, because lo and behold, this afternoon, my FFL called me and said my gun was there. They musta sent it overnight or something. I just got back with it and man is it purdy! :naughty:

Uh...:lookaroun...in a Glock sorta way, that is. ;)

Anyway. I got the gun...Bud's is nothing but a memory...I'll throw a few rounds thru it tomorrow or the next day and tell y'all what I think. :D

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought from Mark a few times...three or four. The thing I like about him, is if I send in a department letterhead, he sends me my gun directly to the PD instead of me having to do the whole FFL bit. :woohoo1:

UPDATE:

Well, I reckon I bitched good and loud yesterday, because lo and behold, this afternoon, my FFL called me and said my gun was there. They musta sent it overnight or something. I just got back with it and man is it purdy! :naughty:

Uh...:lookaroun...in a Glock sorta way, that is. ;)

Anyway. I got the gun...Bud's is nothing but a memory...I'll throw a few rounds thru it tomorrow or the next day and tell y'all what I think. :D

Glad to hear. I'll be looking for it in the classifieds next week :pms2:

bigken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you have to call OPS first, or just after you ordered the firearm? I've used them for transfers before and they're hard to get a hold of sometimes.

I just ordered it. OPS is on their preferred FFL list so I just picked them from there. Never called them and had no problems.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

They don't always answer the phone beacause they're busy with customers in the store.Just call back in a few minutes,you'll get through.Little tip,don't call at lunch,that's a particularly busy time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THIS A BAZILLON TIMES OVER ... Seriously, GED ... You have no idea what you are missing ... WHEEEEEEEE-WHEEEEEEEEE-WHEEEEEEEEE ...

Oh trust me...I'd L-O-V-E to do some semi-comp shooting with the FGST or anybody for that matter. The problem is, when you work 7 days a week, it's kinda hard to break away for something like that. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom