Building ARs in Bartlesville this morning if anyone needs help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm putting together 2-3 rifles with my neighbor this morning at my house in Bartlesville if anyone has parts they need swapped or whatever. I've got most of the tools we would need. Just can't do milling or machining. Feel free to msg me and come on by! We might even go out to the range later.

Text is the best way to reach me - last four is 9167, in the 918, prefix is 839.

Come on out! Bring your cigars, I've got some good ones, as well as a few beers and some fresh sweet & sour mix for whiskey sours. Got plenty of whiskey, whisky and rye, too!

It's gonna be a nice day and the wife and kid have gone to Dallas, so I've got the garage to myself. Got fans, chairs, table with vise and smokes and tunes!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would be glad to join you if you weren't so far away. I need to do the fifty cent trigger mod to a couple of lowers.

You guys have fun !

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did get two complete rifles built, then took them to the range and blasted through 400-500 rounds of ammo. And I got to shoot my suppressor for the first time! Awesome!

I learned not to grab your suppressor with your bare hand after a couple hundred rounds, though... Dangit! Now I have no fingerprints!

It was a blast, and my neighbor said this was the "best Man Day EVER"! I gave him one of the rifles we built together, then we shot, then we grilled and ate GINORMOUS ribeyes and drank copious amounts of whisky. He's been grinning like a Cheshire cat all day, and I think he is going to sleep with his new rifle tonight. lol Only downside was the Primary Arms red dot I pulled out of the spare parts drawer to put on his rifle is wonky. I got it here used, and it keeps cutting out and needs to be "tapped" a bit after every shot or two before it will come on. If it were a Vortex, I could send it in for repair/replacement, but I don't know if PA will help me out with it or not.

Other than that, awesome day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love those man days! Speaking of GINORMOUS ribeyes, Was at the Wichita Costco today. They had 2" cut prime Ribeyes for $8.99 per pound.
They also had full pork belly's for $2.99 a pound. I know this is off topic, but knew you were looking for full pork belly's.
There is also a store in Wichita called Waltons. They have two locations. Every thing one needs to cure, brine, smoke etc. Cheapest hi temp cheese and casings to make sausage.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... good to know, good to know. Maybe I can make it down to Costco this week in Tulsa. Of course, it's probably a Labor Day sale, and I work 3 starting tomorrow. So the sale will probably be over. Our ribeyes were about 1.4 lb each. And a huge baked potato and some great corn on the cob. It's been a while since I got to grill, and quite a while since I got to cook like that. It was awesome!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These were easily 2lb each steak. I just can't eat one that big any more. 14 oz with the extras is good for me.
We are going to Tulsa tomorrow for MIL birthday, so I want to stop by and see if they have the ribeye points in prime. Wichita did not have them on the shelf.
The prime NY cut and Prime Fillet looked great, but I'm into prime rib.
full pork belly's were flying out of there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom