Buying First .22lr Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
out of the box, I have experianced few pistols that are as accurate and problem free as a ruger MkII...I own a 22/45 currently and like it but it is not an mkII by a stretch.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 Buckmark Camper with the fiber front would be my recommendation. Flip the sear spring for a free AWESOME 2.5 lbs trigger. I have both, the Ruger is a bit harder to clean. These are both target psitols.

Browning Buckmark or Ruger 22 .. or 22/45 if you are trying to use a grip similar to 1911.
a better choice yet would be S&W .22 revolver, but those are priced more than $350.

can't go wrong with any Ruger .22 or Buckmark ... both are dead nut reliable with a reputation for eating any .22 ammo thrown at it. and there's a LOT of junk .22 ammo out there.

Squared1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the ruger 22/45 and the gsg 1911 the both are great guns my thoughts are that the ruger is a much more durable both guns are accurate and fun to shoot. Good luck

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I finally came across a deal that I could not pass up. Payed for a NIB Ruger 22/45 With the 1911 grips and well, it should be here this week hopefully. Now I get to load up on .22lr ammunition once more. :gun2: I will post up some pics once it arrives.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me through my search.

Latest posts

Top Bottom