Check this out - Will smith loses it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The funny thing about this is people that want to signal, don’t know which side to take. It ends up coming down to whether a joke or even an insult warrants violence. My opinion on that is, good luck. Jail, costly legal problems, shame. That’s if you win the confrontations and avoid retaliation.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1648640790497.png

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who even cares?! Hard to believe the thread on this is way longer than the one on Vietnam Vetrans Day.

Well, A. - this is controversial
B. - Vietnam Vets deserve our gratitude and respect, that is not controversial

You want a longer thread, we can discuss why our men died over there, whether we should have gotten involved, how filthy communist hippies treated our guys, how filthy democrats and republicans sent our guys to die, etc, etc.....

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, A. - this is controversial
B. - Vietnam Vets deserve our gratitude and respect, that is not controversial

You want a longer thread, we can discuss why our men died over there, whether we should have gotten involved, how filthy communist hippies treated our guys, how filthy democrats and republicans sent our guys to die, etc, etc.....
I disagree on A. Staged bullcrap. Even if it wasnt, who cares. Let them fight
Totally agree on B.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of agree. If I had seen a fellow much larger than me approaching with either a look on his face or the way he walked, I would probably have at least stepped back a bit. I think he might have even stepped towards Smith. I certainly wouldn't have leaned in toward the assailant. However, leaning in could give Chris Rock the "room" for his body and head motion to "roll with the slap," giving him a bit less of an impact. He certainly didn't seem to have to rock back from the blow at all.

To follow up the above quote of myself, I also find Chris Rock's comment right after the slap as interesting. Something to the effect of the event being the "greatest night in the history of television."

So, was that ad lib or planned? Things have certainly turned out that this Oscar night has more controversial discussions than most in the past, as even this thread can attest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom