Classifieds are slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been saying since day 1 the new layout would deter a lot of regulars.
I've posted a few things here and there but it's a PITA compared to before, especially if it's something for just a few bucks, it's not worth the effort. I like simple, nothing wrong with how it was before in MY opinion.
I agree with what's been said on the previous pages. Too many categories to choose from when browsing and too many lines to fill in when selling.

I'm not a regular because I don't post often, but I have been a lurker an member for maybe 7 years. This is the worst message board layout I have ever seen, there are so many subforums etc (at least 45). that one has to wade through I usually just give up.
I can't believe that the site owners really believe this has bettered the forum experience in any way. It makes navigating the forums tedious and boring not to mention there are sometimes only 4-7 topics active.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. The same can be seen on Craigslist, people posting the same thing over and over again. I've seen the same item for sale that I saw months ago. I've always said you can tell the health of the economy by the used market place. OK's economy is deep in the crapper and most of it has to do with oil and OK's lack of any backup plan. That and Obamacare are really screwing the pooch in this country.

OK this is probably going to sound stupid. Is the oil drop having this much of an impact on the classifieds? Firearms sales have been pretty stagnant for awhile now. I used to be able to buy a gun, try it out/play, then turn around and sell without much problem. Now it seems like you have to be willing to take a big loss to sell anything.

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. The same can be seen on Craigslist, people posting the same thing over and over again. I've seen the same item for sale that I saw months ago. I've always said you can tell the health of the economy by the used market place. OK's economy is deep in the crapper and most of it has to do with oil and OK's lack of any backup plan.
If you have been trying to sell your item for months with no luck. You are asking too much. JMO.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a regular because I don't post often, but I have been a lurker an member for maybe 7 years. This is the worst message board layout I have ever seen, there are so many subforums etc (at least 45). that one has to wade through I usually just give up.
I can't believe that the site owners really believe this has bettered the forum experience in any way. It makes navigating the forums tedious and boring not to mention there are sometimes only 4-7 topics active.

I agree with you and josh.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely use the classifieds. Most of the time I see what's for sale in the "latest post" tab, and move on from there. Clicking on the classifieds tab at the top, it opens up way too many options in my opinion.
ATV's and sport vehicles need one thread. Not broken down into different regions of the state.
Same with all the others.
If its a great deal, I'll ask to ship or pass.
One of the reality shows on TV my wife watches is a chef that goes into failing restaurants to get them on track to be successful again.
His major issue is that the menu on most is way too big with too many options. It forces the customer to have too many choices and reading through it, they miss the one item they may be looking to eat. He says to cut the choices down to a dozen or so and make that dozen the prime interest of the customer.
I agree with him regarding our classifieds.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have been trying to sell your item for months with no luck. You are asking too much. JMO.

Not necessarily. It could be an item for which there's a small market. I have a nearly correct International Harvester M1 Garand for sale in the classifieds at a very good price, with no interest expressed thus far. If I took that rifle to Wanenmacher, I don't think I'd make it inside before it was sold.

To further my point, I had for sale a M1A at the same (and good) price; there's a bigger market for those rifles, so it sold fairly quickly even though the Garand is a better deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom