C'mon Asteroid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's big, it would do much damage if it hits, but no planet killer. The one that hit chixaclub was about 6 miles wide, this one about 1/12 the size. Explosive yield equal too about 10 Gigatons creating a crated 4 miles across and about a half mile deep. So, I'd want to be a survivor. It would be bad, but not on order of the one that 86ed the dinosaurs.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to drive to the projected impact point, cook a great big 1 inch thick pork chop, open a bottle of whisky and enjoy myself.
To hell with cooking it. If you’re going to be that close to the impact site I would suggest opening two bottles of whiskey and just hold the pork chop up in the air on a sharp stick…….. I think the asteroid will probably cook it for you. Among other things.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
To hell with cooking it. If you’re going to be that close to the impact site I would suggest opening two bottles of whiskey and just hold the pork chop up in the air on a sharp stick…….. I think the asteroid will probably cook it for you. Among other things.
I want to eat it medium well before I become medium well.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's big, it would do much damage if it hits, but no planet killer. The one that hit chixaclub was about 6 miles wide, this one about 1/12 the size. Explosive yield equal too about 10 Gigatons creating a crated 4 miles across and about a half mile deep. So, I'd want to be a survivor. It would be bad, but not on order of the one that 86ed the dinosaurs.
Comparing the above to the Arizona meteor crater. I have been to this one. I almost lost my hat due to the wind coming up from the walls. It's about 6 miles from I 40. just outside of Winslow.

The asteroid that created Meteor Crater in Arizona was estimated to be between 30 and 50 meters in diameter, or about 100 to 170 feet across. The impact of this iron-nickel meteorite, which occurred about 50,000 years ago, created a crater that is 0.75 miles across and 600 feet deep.

1726893420978.png

The impact of the meteorite was so powerful that it blasted millions of tons of sandstone and limestone out of the crater, creating an ejecta blanket of pulverized rock, meteorite fragments, and melted sandstone and limestone. The impact was estimated to have released the energy of over 2 million tons of TNT, which is about 150 times the force of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Latest posts

Top Bottom