College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1694453339399.jpg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t follow all the “back stage intrigue”, but I have seen many references to Briles being on the sidelines. What’s the story and why is Joe C. So upset.
Briles is the FIL of OU's OC. He was on the field in OU gear after the game. What I've read is both Brent and Joe did not know this was going to happen. Either way, after Briles dark cloud of time at Baylor, it wasn't the best of moves.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Briles is the FIL of OU's OC. He was on the field in OU gear after the game. What I've read is both Brent and Joe did not know this was going to happen. Either way, after Briles dark cloud of time at Baylor, it wasn't the best of moves.
It's weird how that works out, I'm a Switzer fan and he's the king of Norman basically but his hands were not exactly clean back in the 80's, lots of shady stuff was going on down there and he lost control of the program. Lots of drugs and thugs. Briles will never catch a break no matter where he goes, his son is at TCU and had just as much involvement as any other coach at Baylor.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's weird how that works out, I'm a Switzer fan and he's the king of Norman basically but his hands were not exactly clean back in the 80's, lots of shady stuff was going on down there and he lost control of the program. Lots of drugs and thugs. Briles will never catch a break no matter where he goes, his son is at TCU and had just as much involvement as any other coach at Baylor.
I think a lot has to do with the nature of what was going on at OU v's Baylor. I don't know much about OU/Switzer other than the drugs and airport stuff, but I'm sure between the nature of the incidents and of course the time when it happened plays a big factor in it.

I was a little hesitate to jump on the Les Miles train when he came to KU, University went all out even making a stupid parody with Self/Miles from Step Brothers. We will never live that decision down. I think every University is scared shitless of another Penn State or Cuze situation.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah yes, I had forgotten about the Baylor problems. That explains the concerns yesterday. Thanks

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Briles is trash, but his son in law is Lebby, his grandkids were there. He was on the field after the game as all the families were. He wasn't on the sidelines or there in any official capacity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom