College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brent is not the problem in my thoughts. It is Seth L and his horrible offensive schemes. They need to replace him, DM, and JJF with three coaches that have ZERO connections to OU.

I don’t think Venables is the problem. Littrell might be, but the injuries, transfers, and graduations mean that you can’t fairly judge him by what’s happening on the field. It’s also his first season as OC, so he’s largely playing with someone else’s roster. Maybe he’ll make it or maybe he won’t, but it’s too soon to tell.

The real problem is the o-line. They can’t handle stunts and they sometimes even have trouble handling a straight up bull rush, and they’re not getting much help from the tight ends or running backs in picking up rushers. The defenses don’t even have to blitz—just wait until the one lineman slides over to help an another, then run through the hole.

Well, that and ball security. If not for the turnovers on the first three drives, that was a very winnable game—it’s hard to be competitive when you spot the other team 21 points. SC’s offense only had one sustained scoring drive in the whole game; everything else came off a short field from a turnover or a turnover on downs.
Well, you guys called it.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, Joe Jon Finley will be calling plays, dang it OU, a tight ends coach..... Again Oklahoma boy from 2004-2007. They'll never learn, got to have an OC from SEC. I'm not that smart to figure it out. One of Bob's boys.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, Joe Jon Finley will be calling plays, dang it OU, a tight ends coach..... Again Oklahoma boy from 2004-2007. They'll never learn, got to have an OC from SEC. I'm not that smart to figure it out. One of Bob's boys.
This is only a stop gap, really no other choice. JJF will be gone the day after season ends, and he should be.

Take Demarco with them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, Joe Jon Finley will be calling plays, dang it OU, a tight ends coach..... Again Oklahoma boy from 2004-2007. They'll never learn, got to have an OC from SEC. I'm not that smart to figure it out.
What do you expect them to do in the middle of the season? They have no choice but to promote from within while they go searching for a new OC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom